The Student Room Group

Law students.

Canvassing those who may be able to shed some light on the situation - is AABBB in fifth year enough to yield some conditionals for Law LLB (or Economics) from the top unis - Glasgow or Edinburgh - ideally, provided that my personal statement and suchlike is up to scratch?

I'll also be studying Adv. English, Adv. RMPS, Higher Chemistry, and Higher Philosophy next year. Could anyone hazard a guess as to what my conditions may be, should I get an offer? Thanks.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I've looked at all the websites, minimum entry requirements, and so on, but I'd like a more concrete figure. It's plainly obvious that BBBB will let you apply to Edinburgh, but wouldn't see you accepted.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
That should be plenty for a conditional offer. But there are other ways to get into the law school at University that they dont tell you at school.

I was set on Strathclyde so most of my applications went there for law school and the business school. I got a conditional offer for the law school which I did not meet. As the schools would tell you: thats the end of the road for your law career. But it really isnt.

I went off and did a degree in the business school and I'm now in the law school at Strathclyde (second or third best law school in Scotland depending where you look) doing a graduate entry course.

In fact, that is the way most of the lecturers have went about obtaining their degrees. You end up with 2 degrees which will help your job prospects hugely. However, I will note that the graduate course is expensive and requires self funding (5000-6000 a year).

You should be fine getting in first time. Personal statement isn't that important in reality although they tell you it is. They only care about grades in my opinion.
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply! I lost my log in details, sorry for the late acknowledgement.

Quick Reply

Latest