The Student Room Group

Why do people have Che Guevara t shirts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by burgergetsbored
he dead!

Don't you mean he died?

At first he died, now he dead :colonhash:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by yahyahyahs
Iron Man isn't real.

You're not real
Original post by Craig_D
Don't you mean he died?

Spoiler

Reginal D Hunter?
Reply 23
I like to think they are all purposely perpetuating a subtle irony for comedic purposes.

Unfortunately it's more likely they are morons.
Reply 24
Some people wear his T-Shirt because they are attracted to the idea of self-sacrifice for others. Others like me wear the T-Shirt because he is a symbol of the necessary change and the kind of individuals we need to bring change.
Reply 25
Because they are rebelling against an admittedly depressing future prospect of being retired and spending your days on a golf course with fat middle aged businessmen... Watneys Red Barrel etc.

But they are doing it in a really predictable left-wing way. Why not have a T Shirt with Tony Benn on it instead? Not long haired enough? Che Guevara was no Jim Morrison- Morrison was probably broadly a conservative when you look at his lyrics and interviews.

The most radical thing that anyone could do nowadays is to walk around with a T Shirt of Margaret Thatcher on it- no slogan (as that might make people think it was ironic), no defacement to it. Just a picture of Margaret Thatcher.
(edited 12 years ago)
Because they have no idea who he was or what he did and just want to look cool, because other people wear them.
Geeeez, just let people wear what they want to wear. I've never actually seen anybody wearing one of these t-shirts but, I mean, what does it matter to you if somebody does? Does it hurt you? No. Move along.
No worse than Winston Churchill's imminent appearance on BNP merchandise...
Iron Man isn't real.

He isn't?
Reply 30
Original post by Pedantic Teen
We haven't really covered him in History (Cuban missile crisis, but we did Castro) but whats so iconic about him? What did he do?

mevidek
He's seen as a fashion symbol. He would turn in his grave if he found out how he is being used for what he fought against. Watch Che part 1 and the Motorcycle diaries. The latter first.

Better yet, read it. :yy:
Reply 31
Original post by Abiraleft
Better yet, read it. :yy:

Yep, I haven't but I will. Right now I'm reading Kershaw's Hitler, then I'm onto Marx, then Luxemburg and then I'll probably read Motorcycle diaries :biggrin:

He was a really good person who - as well as Castro's government - improved Cuba massively.
Reply 32
Original post by purplefrog
Reginal D Hunter?

:p: Yes.
Reply 33
I saw a guy the other day wearing Adidas trainers, Nike tracksuit bottoms, a beanie hat and a Jimi Hendrix T-Shirt. I almost smacked him.
Reply 34
The shirts play an important role in helping the mature politicians to separate the true left-wing supporters and the faggy hippies who just want to "stick it to the man" whilst not actually understanding/knowing of/believing in left-wing ideologies.
Original post by JustAnotherCliche
My cousin who is 12 was wearing a top with Che on and the slogan Viva la resistance, so I asked him who bought it for him. He replied his grandparents had got it for him for his birthday (not my grandparents his other side's grandparents) who are strong Catholics. I literally laughed for about 20 minutes over the irony.

Hahaha, that's pretty funny :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by Picnic1
Because they are rebelling against an admittedly depressing future prospect of being retired and spending your days on a golf course with fat middle aged businessmen... Watneys Red Barrel etc.

But they are doing it in a really predictable left-wing way. Why not have a T Shirt with Tony Benn on it instead? Not long haired enough? Che Guevara was no Jim Morrison- Morrison was probably broadly a conservative when you look at his lyrics and interviews.

The most radical thing that anyone could do nowadays is to walk around with a T Shirt of Margaret Thatcher on it- no slogan (as that might make people think it was ironic), no defacement to it. Just a picture of Margaret Thatcher.

I sometimes wear a shirt with Ronald Reagan's face on it...
Original post by Craig_D
Don't you mean he died?

Spoiler

I was referencing family guy.... :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by The Real Quaid
You're not real

I just walked into my wall to check. I bounced off. I passed the reality check.

Original post by MathematicsKiller
He isn't?

No darling. He is. I'm just being stupid. He's playing Monopoly with Santa and the Tooth Fairy right now.
I just walked into my wall to check. I bounced off. I passed the reality check.

Was the wall real?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending