The Student Room Group

what do people wear to bars

i was going to go with a friend to a bar in london, but i don't know what to wear. neither of us dress causal (eg no jeans or trainers or tshirts) but we don't want to look overdressed and out of place. what do people usually wear?
Original post by mymelo
i was going to go with a friend to a bar in london, but i don't know what to wear. neither of us dress causal (eg no jeans or trainers or tshirts) but we don't want to look overdressed and out of place. what do people usually wear?

Jeans And T shirts :tongue:

Beyond that it depends on the bars, some have dress codes or different customer bases. Personally If I was going somewhere a bit nicer I'd be in smart black denims (still) black loafers and a relatively neutral tucked in and open necked shirt/polo shirt. If it was somewhere that had a stricter dress code I'd be wondering why I was going in the first place. I'll go to that sort of effort for occasions, not a drink.
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
Jeans And T shirts :tongue:

Beyond that it depends on the bars, some have dress codes or different customer bases. Personally If I was going somewhere a bit nicer I'd be in smart black denims (still) black loafers and a relatively neutral tucked in and open necked shirt/polo shirt. If it was somewhere that had a stricter dress code I'd be wondering why I was going in the first place. I'll go to that sort of effort for occasions, not a drink.

i see. so something like a plain black skirt and a turtleneck would be ok?
Original post by mymelo
i see. so something like a plain black skirt and a turtleneck would be ok?

Yeah I'd imagine so

Quick Reply

Latest