The Student Room Group

what uni's will consider me now...

hey guys today i got my AS results and achieved BBB, originally i had wanted atleast one A but that didnt happen. I was one mark away from getting A's in two of the B's... so i was thinking what uni's could i apply to if my teacher predicted me ABB.

I was hoping to do philosophy or history
Reply 1
Original post by Threepigs
hey guys today i got my AS results and achieved BBB, originally i had wanted atleast one A but that didnt happen. I was one mark away from getting A's in two of the B's... so i was thinking what uni's could i apply to if my teacher predicted me ABB.

I was hoping to do philosophy or history

I've moved your thread to the Arts and Humanities forums. In the UCAS forum it will probably be buried within hours, and you'll get more specific answers here.
Reply 2
Original post by Craghyrax
I've moved your thread to the Arts and Humanities forums. In the UCAS forum it will probably be buried within hours, and you'll get more specific answers here.

thanks
Are you doing any retakes? Uni's often take into account that students do retakes to improve their grades. This means that with your grades and a good, solid personal statement, you may get offers from universities who's usual requirement is ABB. However beware, they are likely to still give you that offer of ABB or maybe higher, so if you're doing retakes be sure to get the grade you might need.

On a more general note, remember that you'll need to vary the universities you apply to. I would suggest apply to one or two ABB universities, another two BBB and (is it 5 or 6 applications you can do? I forget...) another one or two at BBC or BCC. This way out of the ones that accept you, you can accept the highest (and/or your favourite) as your firm and chose one with grades lower (how low depends on what you think you will get as exam results) as your insurance.

I'm sorry I don't have specific information about which uni's do which grades. Hope this still helps.

Quick Reply

Latest