The Student Room Group

Bradford University September 2011- Biomedical sciences help!!

Hellooo.....

I would like some information about the biomedical sciences course at bradford.... I've got a place at the university and would like some tips and help about the course, what I should look out for and how I can prepare myself before the course starts.... This includes books I should read... websites.

If anyone has any experience and information that could help me please reply...

Thank You!

Scroll to see replies

Yeah im off in september too, anyone would like to help with some book recomendations?

medfreak! cya in sept :smile:
Reply 2
hi, im also off in september, could anyone recommend any books.
oooh 3 of us! :smile: you guys looking forward to it?tbh im going to go there and do my own thing, its a crap uni, but awsome for biomed.
Reply 4
i agree with u, have u got any email from the student administration regarding enrolment.
erm no mate, not yet? i got the confirmation letter only yet ;/ i thoguht there would be reading list in the confirmation letter, guess not ;/ is your ucas code c900?
Reply 6
thanks, got a little worried as i only received the confirmation letter and nothing else. yep my ucas code is
c900. i think we would receive the reading list when we enrol on 21st i think.
yeah, im looking to do postgrad dents, so im ready to work asap.
Reply 8
im lookin to transfer to pharmacy after the first year.
its gonna be competitive.
Really? How competative is it?
Reply 10
very competitive as i heard most of the people want to transfer, coz most people on the course didnt get the grades to do pharmacy or optometry.
(edited 12 years ago)
lol, im looking to do dentistry.
Reply 12
a few of my very clever friends got turned down to do this course :s
what grades? :s
Reply 14
Original post by Harrypotterfan111
lol, im looking to do dentistry.

that is also very competitive especially graduate entry. dont you need like a 2.1 or a first in your degree.
im sure you'll do well. :smile:
Reply 15
I'm doing Biomed too :smile: Hoping to transfer into Optometry, it's been what I've wanted to do for forever :smile: Very happy that Bradford offered me a place. Any advice on reading lists would be great. Only received information on what's happening on Freshers week, it's a bit confusing? Hah.
Yeah still havnt got an email from the portal, i rang up fora reading list and they said eager beaver i should wait haha :smile: and cheers jj91 :smile: il do my best!
Reply 17
lol rang them also regarding the enrolment email and told me to chill out a little said they should be sending them anytime this week, dont literally know bout anything besides whats happening on freshers. getting nervous now...... 17 days left
(edited 12 years ago)
im not attending the freshers week at all! :smile:
Reply 19
Hellooo

Hows everyone? Yeah you can tranfer but so competitive..... Are you guys looking forward to starting? I'm not :frown: I sent an email to Dr Ross he interviewed me and he sent back a list of books... but he said to wait until we start so we can buy them all together at Waterstone... I think thy're supposed to be a little expensive! And another question I got the letters to say we should enrol and stuff but I've got no email form them yet! And one more thing... on the student finance I've put course starts on the 26th but we are supposed to go in on the 21st so would I have to chnage it again to get money in my account before course starts? Whats going on in freshers week?? God so many questions............

See you guys in September are you all staying in accomdation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending