The Student Room Group

Bradford University September 2011- Biomedical sciences help!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
dont worry no ones received the email yet, i rang them up regarding the email and told me they should send by this week or next week some time. i have also put on my student finance the 26th and cant be bothered to change the whole thing now. i think everyones confused regarding freshers lol. im just goin to the compulsary ones that they gave us.
if its alright can u post the reading list.
thanks
Reply 21
Original post by Harrypotterfan111
im not attending the freshers week at all! :smile:

arent you goin to the ones that are compulsary like the one on the 21st and the 22nd.
ofcourse il attend them but thats not really freshers week :biggrin: i havnt done my student fianance yet :/ medical freak could you send me a copy of the reading list if thats possible? thank you
Reply 23
Hey everyone....so the timetable we got was freshers week ...hmm im only going to compulsory ones... Im very lazy during holidays so I have copied straight from email :-D
Books include*
Microbiology by Robert Bauman
iGenetics Russell
Practical Skills in Biomolecular Sciences Reed

There are a couple of others in the pack from topics I do not teach, one is
a Physiology book by Martini, and I forget the other one. It will all be
explained when you start.

Microbiology and iGenetics are quite important for Yrs 1 and 2, so get
those, but Watersones do discounts to new students so wait until you get
here.

See you all soon!!
Reply 24
Sorry to butt in but, i'm starting Bradford too in September to do Engineering.

According to the Facebook page for The University of Bradford, we should get a letter throught the post sometime this week, they're working on it.

And from the letter i got, freshers starts on the 19th?

I know it's not a lot, but hopefully it should calm some of you down :wink:
ahh. hopefully its all jan and june exams like A levels, does anyone know if this is true?
I havnt orderd my labcoat yet, do i buy the course start pack too?, really looking forward to getting on with the work to be fair, hope its mostly exam based i hate coursework :|

P.S ive already done my UKCAT this time round ha :smile: 678 :smile: even tho i wont be applying for another 2 years :biggrin:, work exp started too :smile: im really dedicated to getting into dentistry after screwing my a levels up!
yeah bro let us know, i got BBC in my A levels. applying dentistry post grad =3 :smile:

yeah il keep you guys posted on anything i hear, and jj91 im going to ask everything too :biggrin:
Reply 27
yeah bro let us know, i got BBC in my A levels. applying dentistry post grad =3 :smile:

yeah il keep you guys posted on anything i hear, and jj91 im going to ask everything too :biggrin:

lol, im actually kinda looking forward to it.
Reply 28
Original post by Sania Ali
Who else is attending the freshers/welcome day at Bradford? :smile:

only going to the compulsary ones on wednesday and thursday:smile:. u?
Reply 29
no havent got one, can you send me one if thats ok thanks.
Reply 30
yeah. cant find much info on their website
Reply 31
thankyou, u looking forward to uni ?
better get revising A level biology
Reply 33
i have totally forgot all of my biology content lol, defo need to start recapping aswell.
Good luck to all of you starting! I finished my biomed degree this July, it was hard but paid off in the end =)
Original post by Ayshizzle
Good luck to all of you starting! I finished my biomed degree this July, it was hard but paid off in the end =)

Are you carrying on studying or working now?

Any tips for us? looking to get a first, was really happy with my ukcat 678 so defiantly going for post grad dents :smile:
Are you carrying on studying or working now?

Any tips for us? looking to get a first, was really happy with my ukcat 678 so defiantly going for post grad dents :smile:

Nope I'm doing dentistry as a graduate, starting in a few weeks!

As far as getting a first: keep up with your work, do a lot of extra reading and read up on the assessment criteria for your course.

Post- grad dentistry: message me in a couple of years =D
haha, thanks alot dude :smile:
Im not looking to make friends at all. fact is i lost my trust with meeting new people :frown:
Reply 39
Did any one else get that enrolment email from the HUB ? I got it . :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending