The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

UKC Super Duper Find your Roomate Thread

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know if I'm 27/E whether thats upstairs or downstairs, or does it change per house?

Original post by SteveRyan
Farthings Court 27/A :smile:

Farthings Court 27/E does that mean we are in the same house? :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Loz17
Thing is though we all have paid it and I don't know about the other guys, but there was no opt out option for paying the deposit at a later date. Had to be paid there and then

This.

When you think about it, if we've all paid it and we can't answer the question further than 'We paid accommodation, you get it back' then it suggests that the deposit isn't a separate thing you have to pay on top of everything else. :smile:
Original post by ChloeFurniss
Thanks for that. Do you happen to know if I'm 27/E whether thats upstairs or downstairs, or does it change per house?

Farthings Court 27/E does that mean we are in the same house? :biggrin:

Sounds like it's upstairs to me

And yea that does mean you're in the same house
Reply 183
Original post by mellie220
BC12/F Flats Bossenden Court :biggrin:

I'm in BC12/C- hello! Do you have facebook? :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by Loz17
It's the court closest to the main campus and is next to the footpath. It is 5 bed house with a toilet downstairs, a kitchen and a bathroom upstairs.

Do you happen to know what 6 bed park wood houses are like?! And I'm in lypaett court,roomA. ..would apreciate your help!!
Original post by ovie
Do you happen to know what 6 bed park wood houses are like?! And I'm in lypaett court,roomA. ..would apreciate your help!!

I think they just have an extra shower? could be wrong. but instead of a toilet and a bathroom they have a bathroom on each floor?
Original post by ovie

Not so much. I went in a house in Purchas Court once (the other 6 bed houses) and they had IIRC 2 bedrooms on the ground floor with a large kitchen and I think they must have had a shower room on the bottom too.

Sorry I spend most of my time in 5 beds and Nickle court flats when I did go to parkwood :blush: I am pretty certain your room is on the ground floor though, maybe at the front of the house.
Original post by ovie

Opposite Woody's pub, two bathrooms, one downstairs, one upstairs, two bedrooms downstairs, four upstairs, kitchen is pretty similar to the other Parkwood houses. I think you have two of something in the kitchen but I can't remember what... I was pretty drunk the last time I was in Lypeatt Court. :redface: I know they were redoing some of the Parkwood houses so I don't know what it looks like now, but the last time I was in one, it was magnolia with the standard bed, desk, shelves, wardrobe... it might have had a sink in the room too but don't hold me to that... again, pretty drunk. :smile:
Original post by cinnamon442
Opposite Woody's pub, two bathrooms, one downstairs, one upstairs, two bedrooms downstairs, four upstairs, kitchen is pretty similar to the other Parkwood houses. I think you have two of something in the kitchen but I can't remember what... I was pretty drunk the last time I was in Lypeatt Court. :redface: I know they were redoing some of the Parkwood houses so I don't know what it looks like now, but the last time I was in one, it was magnolia with the standard bed, desk, shelves, wardrobe... it might have had a sink in the room too but don't hold me to that... again, pretty drunk. :smile:

2 fridges probably, by law :h:
Reply 189
Original post by Loz17
Not so much. I went in a house in Purchas Court once (the other 6 bed houses) and they had IIRC 2 bedrooms on the ground floor with a large kitchen and I think they must have had a shower room on the bottom too.

Sorry I spend most of my time in 5 beds and Nickle court flats when I did go to parkwood :blush: I am pretty certain your room is on the ground floor though, maybe at the front of the house.

Omg,so sorry,I think I accidentally gave you 'thumbs down' instead of clicking on Quote!!! Again,sorry!!!

So are the houses attached or detached?!?
Original post by ovie
Omg,so sorry,I think I accidentally gave you 'thumbs down' instead of clicking on Quote!!! Again,sorry!!!

So are the houses attached or detached?!?

It's ok :h:

They're terraced.
Reply 191
Sorry to be difficult, but has anyone who has been assigned the parkwood 6 bed houses want to swap for parkwood ensuite flats? BC10/F Bossenden Court to be exact. It's just that the houses were my first and second choices and I didn't really want anything else :emo: haha
Hi Happilyme, I was in the same position as you, so phoned up and asked and they have managed to switch it for me; maybe they will do the same for you? x
Reply 193
I tried to ring several times today but they were buisy and it cut off :frown: when did you call them? x
Original post by Happilyme
Sorry to be difficult, but has anyone who has been assigned the parkwood 6 bed houses want to swap for parkwood ensuite flats? BC10/F Bossenden Court to be exact. It's just that the houses were my first and second choices and I didn't really want anything else :emo: haha

yes I do! xxx
Reply 195
No one else on here are in Clowes Court - Parkwood :frown: Found a few on fb, and a housemate though on fb :smile:
Reply 196
Original post by cinnamon442

Darling cinnamony font of knowledge - what is Grimshill court like (other than being complete badasses, as we've established on facebook). Also, is there a general layout to 5 room houses that we can see online or summat?
Reply 197
No longer 10C Bishopden, but 11D Grimshill,
as i did fdtn year last year they said we could live with people from our course, requested to do so and they landed me with a different house to the two people i was supposed to be sharing with. Sent a bit of a grouchy email, and now ive been transferred to there house :smile: yaaaay
Reply 198
Original post by victoea5
No longer 10C Bishopden, but 11D Grimshill,
as i did fdtn year last year they said we could live with people from our course, requested to do so and they landed me with a different house to the two people i was supposed to be sharing with. Sent a bit of a grouchy email, and now ive been transferred to there house :smile: yaaaay

WELCOME TO THE GRIMSHILL WOLF PACK. You should definitely join the discussion on facebook with a group of us LINKY
I'm in Purchas court house 11 (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending