The Student Room Group

Boots application process

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by weeemma
If you pass the online application test, next process is for boots to offer you a time for the dates you selected to say when you are available to start.
You go along to the particular store that you applied for and they do a shop floor test with you and if pass this you will be offered a job and comfico start date

Hi.
Im trying to get a job at Boots but i keep failing the scenario questions. I was wondering if you were able to help and maybe give some feedback on some of the questions I get stuck on? If not, then that's perfectly fine.
Original post by Alir99
Hi.
Im trying to get a job at Boots but i keep failing the scenario questions. I was wondering if you were able to help and maybe give some feedback on some of the questions I get stuck on? If not, then that's perfectly fine.

Your online assessment with boots are options that you chose from,
If you say apply for different positions there your online assessment questions are usually similar to previous ones you did, most questions are a option of three and chose one answer and yes its frustrated when you think you did it right to get told by a PC that you failed it.
Scenarios are all different and depending on how they come out is the thing, I do know that some of the questions are repeated further on in the assessment.
You'll need to try and think bit more before answering them and you get about a hour anyway to do it so you have time,
You will eventually succeed ok as it took me I think 4 different positions to get a offer to go along to the branch for a instore interview which involves knowing a product and explain what it for and how often you use it plus perhaps find some products throughout the store ok,

Keep applying for all different positions in boots and avoid repeating previous ones you already applied for as the online application will tell you this anyway.
I don't know what I said is of any comfort to you xx
Just do as I said keep applying until eventually succeed ok, if there are few stores within your area you in apply for for available stores within your area and within reasonable travel ok. Hopefully you will get a job there soon xx best of luck and keep me posted x
Reply 42
Original post by weeemma
Your online assessment with boots are options that you chose from,
If you say apply for different positions there your online assessment questions are usually similar to previous ones you did, most questions are a option of three and chose one answer and yes its frustrated when you think you did it right to get told by a PC that you failed it.
Scenarios are all different and depending on how they come out is the thing, I do know that some of the questions are repeated further on in the assessment.
You'll need to try and think bit more before answering them and you get about a hour anyway to do it so you have time,
You will eventually succeed ok as it took me I think 4 different positions to get a offer to go along to the branch for a instore interview which involves knowing a product and explain what it for and how often you use it plus perhaps find some products throughout the store ok,

Keep applying for all different positions in boots and avoid repeating previous ones you already applied for as the online application will tell you this anyway.
I don't know what I said is of any comfort to you xx
Just do as I said keep applying until eventually succeed ok, if there are few stores within your area you in apply for for available stores within your area and within reasonable travel ok. Hopefully you will get a job there soon xx best of luck and keep me posted x

I keep trying but i dont understand what they're looking for in the scenarios.
I keep choosing the answer that suits the needs of the customer in each question but apparently that's not right? Do you remember what you answered to some of the questions?
Original post by Alir99
I keep trying but i dont understand what they're looking for in the scenarios.
I keep choosing the answer that suits the needs of the customer in each question but apparently that's not right? Do you remember what you answered to some of the questions?

Hi
Unfortunately its been almost 4 years since I did the process of the online application for this and I tried thinking what was asked and I can't remember I'm afraid to say.
You answer the question that you think suits the customers needs and at the end of the process you'll get reply back saying sorry you not been successful or you have been and would like you to attend a instore interview.

I know you sound frustrated that you seen to be doing this to your ability and they still failing you. Its a scenario that you will get through, I give you a tip if it he's - how quickly can you perhaps write the question down on paper and keep a copy for future assessment.
And any position you fail in you not allowed to reapply for within 12 months at a particular branch that you applied for any jobs ok.
As said previously it took me about 4 times until eventually I was successful so patient is the key thing ok.
Hi guys i have done the online assessment how long does it take for them to get back to you? x
Hi thereIt can be as little as a few days to a week depending on how well you did with your assessment online for the job you applied for .You could get a offer of a face to face / group interview if successful and the amount of applications for the job.Best of luck
Reply 46
Hi guys i have an instore assesment on thursday. I need help can uou guys walk me through what happens and what questions will ne asked. Also i need to think of a product, can someone help mee because i always blank at job interviews. Its for christmas tempe but still 😭🥺🥺🥺
Original post by mk_c18
Hi guys i have an instore assesment on thursday. I need help can uou guys walk me through what happens and what questions will ne asked. Also i need to think of a product, can someone help mee because i always blank at job interviews. Its for christmas tempe but still 😭🥺🥺🥺

Hope it went well for you. What was it like? I’ve got an interview on Saturday at 11 for a Christmas temp. Could you explain everything they asked and did with you and what things you said bout the product. I have bad anxiety so I need to be prepared for this x
Original post by livvy93
The instore assessment is the last stage. The person who took the interview with me said it was a points based interview, you basically get scored on how well you do in particular tasks.

My assessment was:
- Hand out baskets to customers (Smile)
- Hand out advantage cards (Do some research 4 points for every pound spend)
- Find the cheapest paracetamol - its 16p in a red box
-Pack bags - I didnt have to do this as the store was very quite.

And one or two questions on why you want the job.

It was really simple, just be confident.
I got the job, really excited to start.
Any questions just message me :smile:
Good luck!

Hi Well Done, any tips for the assessment online the most likely thing thanks!
Original post by Marzx
Hi Well Done, any tips for the assessment online the most likely thing thanks!

Online assessment is a multi choice of questions based on real life senerio in stores.
Think which one is best and worse and tick it.
Some online assessment is two different stages as it depends on which job you applied for ok.
Tip is to keep a note of q&a if possible for future reference if applying for any other boots jobs.
If you are successful with this you'll get either a phone interview or possibly an instore one and then you'll be assessed with that and only then you'll be either offered or not offered a job.

A pharmacy advisor dispenser with boots x
Original post by Littleemma98
Online assessment is a multi choice of questions based on real life senerio in stores.
Think which one is best and worse and tick it.
Some online assessment is two different stages as it depends on which job you applied for ok.
Tip is to keep a note of q&a if possible for future reference if applying for any other boots jobs.
If you are successful with this you'll get either a phone interview or possibly an instore one and then you'll be assessed with that and only then you'll be either offered or not offered a job.

A pharmacy advisor dispenser with boots x

Hello I did the online assessment about 2 weeks ago and have a telephone interview next week. Do you know if it is the final stage or will I have an in store assessment if I pass the telephone interview? I am a bit worried as it is my first interview i am 15 😅😅
Original post by girlypops2020
Hello I did the online assessment about 2 weeks ago and have a telephone interview next week. Do you know if it is the final stage or will I have an in store assessment if I pass the telephone interview? I am a bit worried as it is my first interview i am 15 😅😅

Congrats so far on getting to this stage okay x

Yeah 15 and starting in boots if successful is bit scary at first but nothing to be scared of as staff will obviously be there to show you what to do and then may leave you to get on with things and don't be scared in asking staff if unsure OK.
Its only place who employ 15 year olds like as I was same age when I started there and still liking job as made way up into current role.

Yes it's final stage with phone call but the manager could ask you to come into store for a quick instore customer service training session to see how you do but don't ask this as they may not do this as just say start xxxx date and do all your paperwork needed when start ( order uniform etc, bank details for pay going in etc ). Some new staff in my store just been told to come on xx date and started and others were asked in prior to this for what I said above but you may not have to ok.

Prior to covid19 you would have done online application and then if successful at that stage then you would have be asked to instore interview either individually or part of group one and done your interview questions plus each store manager decides to do a instore test with you being asked to get a item from say medicine( healthcare department) and explain what it is etc to manager then perhaps ask to assist a customer with something ( don't matter if you weren't good as only to test your customer service / approach to customer ).
Then wait for call saying you got job.

Now with situation with covid19 everyone doing the application then if successful do the online assessment and if pass this you'll do interview on phone then again if successful be told a start date ( managers decides everything on this )..
Congrats so far on getting to this stage okay x

Yeah 15 and starting in boots if successful is bit scary at first but nothing to be scared of as staff will obviously be there to show you what to do and then may leave you to get on with things and don't be scared in asking staff if unsure OK.
Its only place who employ 15 year olds like as I was same age when I started there and still liking job as made way up into current role.

Yes it's final stage with phone call but the manager could ask you to come into store for a quick instore customer service training session to see how you do but don't ask this as they may not do this as just say start xxxx date and do all your paperwork needed when start ( order uniform etc, bank details for pay going in etc ). Some new staff in my store just been told to come on xx date and started and others were asked in prior to this for what I said above but you may not have to ok.

Prior to covid19 you would have done online application and then if successful at that stage then you would have be asked to instore interview either individually or part of group one and done your interview questions plus each store manager decides to do a instore test with you being asked to get a item from say medicine( healthcare department) and explain what it is etc to manager then perhaps ask to assist a customer with something ( don't matter if you weren't good as only to test your customer service / approach to customer ).
Then wait for call saying you got job.

Now with situation with covid19 everyone doing the application then if successful do the online assessment and if pass this you'll do interview on phone then again if successful be told a start date ( managers decides everything on this )..

Thank you a ton!!!!!
Do you have any idea what the interview entails or tips that would be super helpful xxxx
Thank you a ton!!!!!
Do you have any idea what the interview entails or tips that would be super helpful xxxx

It mostly be why you want to work in boots.
Any previous experience in retail not essential as training will be given
Something about yourself,
Research history of company.

Basically can asked you anything ......

How do I pass a Boots interview.........
Congratulations on getting a Boots Interview...
Boots Interview Tips
Turn off your smartphone to avoid distraction .
Arrive 10 - 15 minutes early if instore but you doing phonecall one.
Don't speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
Don't speak too slow as you will sound boring.
Learn as much as possible about the company before your interview.

Why do you want to work for Boots......

Then mention why you personally want to work for Boots, for example: you enjoy interacting with people, you're a regular customer at Boots, you're familiar with the store and layout, you have a general passion for health and beauty etc.

Interview Questions
How would you deal with an upset customer who was unsatisfied with their product purchase? ...
Tell me about a time when you had to interact with someone you didn't know. ...
Tell me about a time when you had to interact with someone who was very different from you, and in what ways were they difficult..

-
It mostly be why you want to work in boots.
Any previous experience in retail not essential as training will be given
Something about yourself,
Research history of company.

Basically can asked you anything ......

How do I pass a Boots interview.........
Congratulations on getting a Boots Interview...
Boots Interview Tips
Turn off your smartphone to avoid distraction .
Arrive 10 - 15 minutes early if instore but you doing phonecall one.
Don't speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
Don't speak too slow as you will sound boring.
Learn as much as possible about the company before your interview.

Why do you want to work for Boots......

Then mention why you personally want to work for Boots, for example: you enjoy interacting with people, you're a regular customer at Boots, you're familiar with the store and layout, you have a general passion for health and beauty etc.

Interview Questions
How would you deal with an upset customer who was unsatisfied with their product purchase? ...
Tell me about a time when you had to interact with someone you didn't know. ...
Tell me about a time when you had to interact with someone who was very different from you, and in what ways were they difficult..

-

Thanks so much I will let you know how it goes :smile:
Thanks so much I will let you know how it goes :smile:

Hi

No worries in assisting you and yes I look forward in hearing how things goes with interview and hopefully get offered a job there...x
Good luck with it when you do it x
Hi,
I applied for Pharmacy Dispenser position at boots.I passed my all stages.They gave me the opportunity to take my interview.My interview is also done.But I didn’t get any response yet.It was about 5 days ago.Please let me know when should they call for qualifying the interview?If any one selected in any position, kindly let me know when they called you back that you are selected after having an interview?
Original post by Muzna Tariq
Hi,
I applied for Pharmacy Dispenser position at boots.I passed my all stages.They gave me the opportunity to take my interview.My interview is also done.But I didn’t get any response yet.It was about 5 days ago.Please let me know when should they call for qualifying the interview?If any one selected in any position, kindly let me know when they called you back that you are selected after having an interview?
Normally you should know within a week to ten days after the interview ( maybe quicker if only few people interviewed) there's a possibility that they may still contact you about the job as it depends on the successful candidate accepting the job offer.

I'm the meantime you should perhaps continue applying other available jobs with boots until you hear from them about the pharmacy dispenser position..... If you happen to hear about the pharmacy's job and was successful you can just withdraw from any other interviews you may get....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending