The Student Room Group

Can I get a part time job somewhere in Wrexham I am 15

Hi, My name is Martha I am 15 I wanted to get a job somewhere for a bit as I am trying to save up to buy my own place when i get older, Could someone send me a application form so i can get a part time job oblivioulsy not a real one just for now as i want to be a paramedic when i get older.
Many Thanks,
Martha.
Original post by MarthaGeorge8000
Hi, My name is Martha I am 15 I wanted to get a job somewhere for a bit as I am trying to save up to buy my own place when i get older, Could someone send me a application form so i can get a part time job oblivioulsy not a real one just for now as i want to be a paramedic when i get older.
Many Thanks,
Martha.

Quite a few places (especially the big companies/chains) won't take people on under the age of 16. Quite a few also want you to be of school leaving age (i.e. end of June in year 11).
This is basically because a) there are a lot of rules and regulations surrounding employing under 16's and b) you don't get your national insurance number until not long before you turn 16.

You may however be able to get a job in a cafe/restaurant/garden centre or something similar. Doing pot washing, waitressing etc. The smaller more independent ones though, not the bigger chains. Look on websites such as indeed.com. Also look in cafe/restaurant windows. Also look on their websites if they have one. A paper round may also be an option.
In the meantime you can volunteer in a charity shop or something similar to gain experience until you are 16 and can get a job.
Reply 2
Many Thanks,
Martha.

You'll need to apply for Jobs via retailers own websites.
At 15 you can apply for a job with boots the chemist.
You can't work in supermarket until you are at least 16 .

You'll be saving for a very long time to buy your own house. Maybe once you qualify as a paramedic you'll be able to save more money until you are able to put a deposit down.
Original post by Emma:-)
Quite a few places (especially the big companies/chains) won't take people on under the age of 16. Quite a few also want you to be of school leaving age (i.e. end of June in year 11).
This is basically because a) there are a lot of rules and regulations surrounding employing under 16's and b) you don't get your national insurance number until not long before you turn 16.

You may however be able to get a job in a cafe/restaurant/garden centre or something similar. Doing pot washing, waitressing etc. The smaller more independent ones though, not the bigger chains. Look on websites such as indeed.com. Also look in cafe/restaurant windows. Also look on their websites if they have one. A paper round may also be an option.
In the meantime you can volunteer in a charity shop or something similar to gain experience until you are 16 and can get a job.

Okay, Thank you. Im anyways going to college next year doing hairdressing A levels. Thanks, Your sincerly Martha
Many Thanks,
Martha.

Hello Martha ☺️

As you are only 15 not many employers will entertain you for a job.

Can I suggest you perhaps apply for boots the chemist, as they employ young people from the age of 15 but with age 18 restrictions on certain departments. Apply via boots own website.

You can also try some of your local independent small shops around the area you live and see if they need anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending