The Student Room Group

Gym during Sixth Form free periods:D

So I start Sixth Form in a week and my schools Gym is used by other Sixth Formers, and for classes etc so I figured I'd go to the Gym 20 mins walk away during my free periods (Twice a week).

I had some money because of my exam results which I'm thinking of spending on Protein Powder in Holland and Barret so I just thought I'd ask some questions

Will I be too tired to work say if I had a lesson in the morning and then one in the afternoon would I be too tired in the afternoon after a gym work out.

Also what specifics should I do? E.G. Take a protein shake three times a day on the work out day or all week?
Reply 1
Original post by Jonesdawiz
So I start Sixth Form in a week and my schools Gym is used by other Sixth Formers, and for classes etc so I figured I'd go to the Gym 20 mins walk away during my free periods (Twice a week).

I had some money because of my exam results which I'm thinking of spending on Protein Powder in Holland and Barret so I just thought I'd ask some questions

Will I be too tired to work say if I had a lesson in the morning and then one in the afternoon would I be too tired in the afternoon after a gym work out.

Also what specifics should I do? E.G. Take a protein shake three times a day on the work out day or all week?

No, you won't be too tired. It's like playing football while on lunch break at secondary school.
How long are the free periods?

Mine were 50mins, would have been tight so I didn't bother. Just went afterwards instead
Reply 3
Original post by fridgefreezergirl
How long are the free periods?

Mine were 50mins, would have been tight so I didn't bother. Just went afterwards instead

It depends ;P i'll have to check when I get back :x I either take 4 subjects or 3, ahah chosing subjects which fit around a gym routine ftw?
Reply 4
I tended to go at the ed of the day when I wad in sixth form. All depends on your timetable. I finished at 2-3 everyday as I had packed mornings. Also sometimes you will have 2-3 hour breaks inbetweeb lessons so it's ideal to fill the time.
I never felt tired for the next class, just a tad achy. Ensure you have time for a shower afterwards though as you don't want to stink out the whole class :smile:
Reply 5
I did so in year 13, because I often had a free period before or after lunch, and found enough time to fit it in - but I would say don't plan your ****ing A-levels around the gym :facepalm:
Reply 6
it won't make you too tired - it'll probably be better for your afternoon lessons, getting some good exercise during your breaks
Reply 7
Okay thanks guys
Reply 8
Original post by Jonesdawiz
Okay thanks guys

what you doing now

Latest