The Student Room Group

Saint Francis Xavier Sixth Form

Hey there, does anyone of you is going to Saint Francis Xavier Sixth Form?
Do u go there
Reply 2
Original post by 🧡Hajera
Do u go there

Yes
Do u recommend the skl is it good
Original post by fatimaknt
Yes

Do u recommend it is it good. We’re talking about the one near Clapham and Balham right
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by fatimaknt
Hey there, does anyone of you is going to Saint Francis Xavier Sixth Form?

Yep, doing History, Politics, and Geography.
Original post by lagnado2003

Do u recommend it, is it a good sixth form college :smile:

Sorry my messages sent more than once 🤣 what’s the dress code like?
Reply 8
I think that they Don't have a dress code u can read that in their website in student life section
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by hoyam
I think that they Don't have a dress code u can read that in their website in student life section

Oh okay would u recommend the school tho?
Original post by 🧡Hajera
Oh okay would u recommend the school tho?

Sorry for the late response the school (actually is referred to as a sixth form college) is alright. We have a really small campus with everything squeezed into the site with just enough space to have a gym, canteen, green space, sports hall, recording studio and library. We have no uniform policy that is quite cool, but we have a lanyard policy that must be brought to the school every day. The local area of Clapham South isn't that interesting, but we are a 3min walk away from the lovely Clapham Common, some nice cafes and fast food outlets which can be handy for grabbing lunch, relaxing during free periods or getting homework done.

Teachers are pretty good you're treated a lot like an adult which is great but does put a great deal of responsibility on your shoulders. Also many can be strict as the school has a pretty tight behaviour policy which applies to your deadlines, punctuality and in lesson behaviour and contribution. That being said like every school there a few bad eggs and at times the school could be considered rough and rowdy but that's just life in an inner London school!

Have to say though the diversity is incredible at this school with over 20 languages spoken and about 50 nationalities represented so it's a brilliant place to enrich your understanding of other cultures with the school taking an active role in celebrating our heritage. Hope that provided some insight for you, I've been at the school now for just under 10 months and it's been tough with Covid 19 restrictions but it's really shown to me how much the teachers and staff care about their students! If there are any further questions please feel free to let me know.
Sorry for the late response the school (actually is referred to as a sixth form college) is alright. We have a really small campus with everything squeezed into the site with just enough space to have a gym, canteen, green space, sports hall, recording studio and library. We have no uniform policy that is quite cool, but we have a lanyard policy that must be brought to the school every day. The local area of Clapham South isn't that interesting, but we are a 3min walk away from the lovely Clapham Common, some nice cafes and fast food outlets which can be handy for grabbing lunch, relaxing during free periods or getting homework done.

Teachers are pretty good you're treated a lot like an adult which is great but does put a great deal of responsibility on your shoulders. Also many can be strict as the school has a pretty tight behaviour policy which applies to your deadlines, punctuality and in lesson behaviour and contribution. That being said like every school there a few bad eggs and at times the school could be considered rough and rowdy but that's just life in an inner London school!

Have to say though the diversity is incredible at this school with over 20 languages spoken and about 50 nationalities represented so it's a brilliant place to enrich your understanding of other cultures with the school taking an active role in celebrating our heritage. Hope that provided some insight for you, I've been at the school now for just under 10 months and it's been tough with Covid 19 restrictions but it's really shown to me how much the teachers and staff care about their students! If there are any further questions please feel free to let me know.

Okay thank u for the summary btw what subjects do u do??
Original post by 🧡Hajera
Okay thank u for the summary btw what subjects do u do??

No worries, I'm currently studying A level History, Geography and Politics.

Oh okay I wanna do eng lang media econ and graphics
omds guys im starting in september kinda nervous
Original post by Baddie123
omds guys im starting in september kinda nervous

Same but I have 2-4 friends possibly coming with me wbu?

I'm going into Year 11 and thinking of applying to SFX. Would you say it's a good school to study languages, because for A Levels (as I am predicted a 9 for languages) I want to take both Spanish and French.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending