The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Scheme 2012

Hey!

Does anyone know when the 2012 graduate scheme will open? I am interested in applying for the HR scheme. Does anyone know what the chances are of getting in from application stage to final selection? Keeping fingers and toes crossed I make it in!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm also applying for the Grad Scheme. Good luck!
Reply 2
Im trying for the HR scheme too :smile:
Reply 3
I imagine they'll put the application form up late sept/oct type time then you have to complete it by jan if it's the same as previous years. Hopefully soon as I just want to get mine sorted!
Reply 4
looks like early October they will put it up. Join the facebook group as they are putting information up all the time on there.
Reply 5
The scheme opens on the 31st October
I just went to the website and it's down! ARGH!
Reply 7
Lol. Passed their self selection test and then got rejected because I'm on fieldtrip at the same time as their assessment centre dates. Why do they put them all together?
Original post by Kt.b
Lol. Passed their self selection test and then got rejected because I'm on fieldtrip at the same time as their assessment centre dates. Why do they put them all together?

Stange. Tbh I think they will do pretty much anything to reduce the amount of applicants they get.
Reply 9
I passed the numerical reasoning test and just as i was about to start the verbal reasoning test my browser forced shutdown on me when i went to load the test up again it wouldnt let me do it does anyone have any ideas? I have emailed the technical team to explain my situation but i have not heard anything back
Reply 10
That happened to me last year on the very last day and noone got back to me - keep emailing! x
Original post by qyaunos
I passed the numerical reasoning test and just as i was about to start the verbal reasoning test my browser forced shutdown on me when i went to load the test up again it wouldnt let me do it does anyone have any ideas? I have emailed the technical team to explain my situation but i have not heard anything back

How do you know you passed?
Reply 12
Original post by qyaunos

i accidentally closed the window even before starting the practice tests and emailed the technical team who replied within 4 hours and reset the online tests for me.

i'm applying for the general management scheme.
Reply 13

Spoiler

what's your background in terms of academia and work experience?
Original post by qyaunos

Same here!
Original post by Hipparchia
Same here!

How did you know you passed the test though?
Reply 16
Original post by qyaunos

I think he meant finished not passed. It is impossible to know results straight away. :confused:
Original post by polin_na
I think he meant finished not passed. It is impossible to know results straight away. :confused:

I see, that makes much more sense :colondollar:
Reply 18
Could anyone who has taken the assesment tests tell me how they compare to the practice ones they suggest you take (http://www.psl.com/practice/). I found those ones to be a lot easier than many of the other ones I have done, and I am hoping that it isn't one of those situations where the actual NHS ones are a lot harder!

I really want to get the NHS General Management and I am taking the tests this afternoon so I am just trying to be as prepared as possible. I've already been rejected from TeachFirst :/
Reply 19
Original post by Willowi
Could anyone who has taken the assesment tests tell me how they compare to the practice ones they suggest you take (http://www.psl.com/practice/). I found those ones to be a lot easier than many of the other ones I have done, and I am hoping that it isn't one of those situations where the actual NHS ones are a lot harder! :/

Hey,
I have taken a range of these tests in other applications and typically find myself to be successful, however I did struggle with the numerical reasoning for the NHS app. It is your typical GCSE kind of standard, but the time restraints seem to be particularly tough as a number of questions require multiple calculations. If you practise I'm sure you'll nail it, but a bit of a warm up would be advised!

Quick Reply

Latest