The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becca
The more I think about it, the better no-notice inspections are. At my previous school everything was so fake for ofsted, really unrealistic. If it had been unannounced it would have been a much fairer judgement.
Of course IMO the best thing to do would be scrap inspections all together, so...

Yeah... The downside is the unrealistic expectations they seem to have and how much scrutiny there would be from a lot of SMTs, loads of learning walks (I hate that term the more I hear it)

Obviously ofsted check books, ask kids what normally happens etc so you can't falsify too much, but who doesn't pull out a few tricks for an observation?

...actually having said that I didn't in the lesson I was observed in 2 weeks ago in the end- finally getting feedback today, eek!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad app
Why have I not seen this thread before?

I graduated in 2012 and am covering a maternity until end of June. It is a composite p6/7 class (NI) in a small rural primary school.
Just marked a book with "BORED" scrawled in the margin. My response to this was "keep your opinions out of your book". Hope ofsted won't mind that!

Anyone got anything witty (wittier??) I could have added?

I think she and her mate are the ones who carved the same word into the desk they sit on too...

Talking of Ofsted...2 schools near us have had the call the day before! I don't think that is too bad, I'd probably up all night combing through my files and whatnot but it would only be 1 night of apprehension rather than 2 or 3!

I'm lucky that in Early Years you can only really outline the weekly plan as you have to go off the children's interests and developments so I wouldn't need to change any planning it would just be a case of sorting my file out and checking the assessments are up to date! Then keeping my fingers crossed!:wink: I feel in a good position as I have changed everything in the unit I can justify why it all happens and whatnot, although nervous isn't the word!

Welcome to the thread tradingmyheartforyours :wavey:
Still working on an observed lesson for tomorrow. FML.
Original post by Suzanathema

Good luck! I hope you ace it! :smile: x
Good luck for your observation!

I am still planning and didn't mark the books I meant to this weekend - serious case of laziness. Strikes this week have been postponed, so everythings going to be all up in the air tomorrow :/
Such a hard get up this morning! Why does the fact it's dark make so much difference? I can get up at 5am no bother when it's light. Boo!

Hope today goes better than expected Linkdapink! x

Good luck! :smile:
Woohoo got good/outstanding & outstanding for the 2 books taken for marking scrutiny :biggrin:

small victory but hey!

Only because they did my 8 set 1 books & it's 2 good girls! Had they seen y9 it would be a different story I'm sure..,
Original post by noodles!
Woohoo got good/outstanding & outstanding for the 2 books taken for marking scrutiny :biggrin:

small victory but hey!

Only because they did my 8 set 1 books & it's 2 good girls! Had they seen y9 it would be a different story I'm sure..,

Well done you! Don't try and justify it, you got outstanding and you should be proud! :biggrin: All the hard work is paying off! Go you!

How did you do Suzanathema? Well I hope!

I had my nativity production today! It went really well, I had mince pies and fizzy water being served by Y6 so I bribed the parents to like it! :wink: It was so nerve-wracking being the narrator (ridiculous right?!) and talking in front of 40+ adults! But all the children really enjoyed it and the parents did too! Thank goodness that's over and I can relax a little bit, phew!

Hope all is well for everyone! 1 week til Christmas!

Is it NQT assessment point 2 nearly here for some? Mine is in January as I'm part-time! :smile:
I didn't do very well, I got 'requires improvement' for my obs. A bit gutted but I have loads to work on so it's not so bad I guess.

So glad there's only a week left!
I didn't do very well, I got 'requires improvement' for my obs. A bit gutted but I have loads to work on so it's not so bad I guess.

So glad there's only a week left!

Keep your head up! At least you will show amazing progression throughout the NQT year :biggrin:

3 more get ups!
:party:

We've got the school advisor coming in tomorrow and she wants to look at my NQT file and some of my learning journeys to show how the school is supporting me in my NQT year, eek! I hope it's all OK!
hey guys.

Hope you're well. Guess what! I got the chicken pox last week so I missed a week of work. But thankfully it was examination week so I was able to provide cover work and it went well. I marked all my teaching class exam scripts and filled in the examination results sheet and planned for the first week back. I have an observation first week back too! I really don't want to do any work over the holidays as I am doing something everyday :smile: Cannot wait! We finish teaching tomorrow. We have training on Friday and then woooooohooo! partay!
Reply 394
Original post by lemoncake sucks
hey guys.

Hope you're well. Guess what! I got the chicken pox last week so I missed a week of work. But thankfully it was examination week so I was able to provide cover work and it went well. I marked all my teaching class exam scripts and filled in the examination results sheet and planned for the first week back. I have an observation first week back too! I really don't want to do any work over the holidays as I am doing something everyday :smile: Cannot wait! We finish teaching tomorrow. We have training on Friday and then woooooohooo! partay!

Oh wow that's quite unusual to get chicken pox as an adult! Are you feeling better now?

AAAAAH one more get up for me!!!!
TWO MORE GET UPS! It's so close, I can taste it! I really really really hate this last week for actually TEACHING anything. It's crowd control at the moment. My Y8 are awful!

Got the next load of set changes today. It's doing my head in all this! This is the second set change - so THIRD lot of class lists. I have about 16 new Y9, and 13 new Y10, and 7 new Y8, as well as entirely new Y7 classes (2 of them). Feels like I'm going to be starting all over again....
Nearly there!!!!! 4 DVD lessons today.

Got to give most of my year 9 class a load of punishment work today though, I put a film on for them yesterday and lots of them saw it as an excuse to either sit and chat, or throw paper aeroplanes and such around the room. It's a shame because it means the best I can do for the good ones is give them Christmas rather than grammar worksheets...

lol Yes I'm well. I recovered quickly after 2 days. It was more of the nausea and fever. But I had an appetite and ate and drank as normal, I believe that helped me recover quickly. LOL@ DVDs. Giving them activities to get on with at the same time taking their books in and marking them. Just completed one set of books. :smile: .... Just tomorrow with the training and then freeedooom LOL cannot wait!!! Oh that's if the Mayanas are right LOL
Woohoo! I've broken up for the Christmas hols! I'm overwhelmed by my class' parent's generosity, so many lovely gifts and cards, feels amazing to be so appreciated by them. :biggrin:

Also got lots of purposeful writing evidence from the Christmas cards where they have written their own names (at 3 years old)O :biggrin:

Now to go and get my hair and nails done for a night out annnnd relax!
Reply 399
Yay! Well done to everyone for making it to Christmas! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending