The Student Room Group

Bristol Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rozca
what if you already have achieved your a levels.. do they still look at your 8 best gcses or 3/4 best alevels or? do you(or anyone else) know? :smile:

Yes they still give credit for your best 8 GCSE grades but I don't think its given as much weighting if you have already achieved the A-level requirements. Hope that helps :smile:
I've applied to Bristol for medicine as an international student - no new yet though! Anyone know when interviews for international students go out?
Reply 182
Original post by ExplorerMF
I've applied to Bristol for medicine as an international student - no new yet though! Anyone know when interviews for international students go out?

Usually January/February
Reply 183
Original post by aeneas745
Usually January/February

Ugghhh
Original post by aeneas745
Usually January/February

Oh ok - I guess I can stop freaking out for now....lol :tongue: Thanks!
Has any interviews been given out yet?
Reply 186
Hi guys,
I was wondering if yous could help me with a query.
I studied dentistry for a year but due to a vision problem had to leave the course.
Am i eligible to apply for undergrad medicine at bristol despite having started another degree?
Thanks
Reply 187
Original post by highcream
Hi guys,
I was wondering if yous could help me with a query.
I studied dentistry for a year but due to a vision problem had to leave the course.
Am i eligible to apply for undergrad medicine at bristol despite having started another degree?
Thanks

Probably best to phone up the university and speak to them in person. They'll tell you everything you need to know.
Reply 188
First of all has anyone already been invited to interview. and do any of you guys know that are the interview like????
Reply 189
my friend got invited for interview today ! has anyone else heard from bristol ?
Reply 190
Original post by helenn
my friend got invited for interview today ! has anyone else heard from bristol ?

Congrats to your friend ! the first Bristol interview on TSR :smile:
Reply 191
Has anyone else heard this - that Bristol will only look at you if you went to the Open Day ? Heard it via a friend's mother this evening. Did the person who's just been offered an interview go to the Open Day - getting worried now. Can we find out. Am feeling bit paranoid now. Surely that can't be a good way of picking candidates. Any reassurance (or otherwise) gratefully received
Original post by fuzzycat
Has anyone else heard this - that Bristol will only look at you if you went to the Open Day ? Heard it via a friend's mother this evening. Did the person who's just been offered an interview go to the Open Day - getting worried now. Can we find out. Am feeling bit paranoid now. Surely that can't be a good way of picking candidates. Any reassurance (or otherwise) gratefully received

That's not true, don't worry :smile: I didn't go to an open day!

Rubbish

As a final year medic at bristol i can say your freind's mother is talking rubbish
Reply 194
yeah my friend did go to the open day, but i don't think thats true in the slightest !
Reply 195
Ooh that's reassuring - clearly some hysterical mother's angst coming through. Are you all finding the mothers are getting more stressed than us ? Mine'll be on valium at this rate!
Reply 196
Original post by kim93
Congrats to your friend ! the first Bristol interview on TSR :smile:

Oh, and yes, big congrats to the first interviewee!!:smile:

i got invited to interview today and i didnt go to the Bristol open day!
Reply 198
Congratulations guys!! Did you find out via email/ track or the post..? thanks :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 199
Original post by E.B
Congratulations guys!! Did you find out via email/ track or the post..? thanks :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yes, would be good to know that - and congrats thats brilliant news:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending