The Student Room Group

Cardiff Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by 1overcosc

Around results day time (long time away I know :P), the current first years will probably make an official MedSoc one for the 2012 freshers so keep an eye out for it.
Reading this thread I can't see anyone who had an interview in November or December who subsequently got an offer in March.

So apart from those who got an offer before Christmas did anyone interviewed early on get an offer?

It seems strange that all those posting that they received offers in March were interviewed from Jan onwards and no success stories from the 400 applicants who were interviewed pre Christmas who didn't get an offer at Christmas.
Reply 822
Original post by MissApprehension
Reading this thread I can't see anyone who had an interview in November or December who subsequently got an offer in March.

So apart from those who got an offer before Christmas did anyone interviewed early on get an offer?

It seems strange that all those posting that they received offers in March were interviewed from Jan onwards and no success stories from the 400 applicants who were interviewed pre Christmas who didn't get an offer at Christmas.

I was interviewed pre-xmas and didn't get an offer. The letter I received shortly after said not to worry since most people interviewed before xmas would get an offer.

Me, I got an offer in March and got interviewed in November.
Reply 824

Same thing here, I also got an offer in March with an interview on the 21st of December
Reply 825
Original post by george08
Tell me about it! When I didn't receive any offers, I was like "I don't have any motivation, but if I do get any, I'll be so motivated!"......
BUT NO....my stupid brain has not been motivated enough, even with an offer from an amazing uni like Cardiff:frown: I keep saying to myself "i really need to do some revision" but I just can't :frown: Let's all motivate each other!!!!!

We should motivate each other I agree with you.. I don't know what happened to me but I have been studying so hard for 1 year and a half and now I feel so tired I guess and I can't motivate myself:angry: except last nigth around 1 am something happened and I was like I have got 2 weeks till my IB exams:eek::eek: I'm studying like crazy since last night I know I can do it.. I won't give up not now:frown::frown:
Reply 826
Original post by doctor92
We should motivate each other I agree with you.. I don't know what happened to me but I have been studying so hard for 1 year and a half and now I feel so tired I guess and I can't motivate myself:angry: except last nigth around 1 am something happened and I was like I have got 2 weeks till my IB exams:eek::eek: I'm studying like crazy since last night I know I can do it.. I won't give up not now:frown::frown:

THIS! motivated me. Thanks Buddy :smile:
Reply 827
WOW! this thread is incredibly quiet now. Guess everyone's revising for exams.....
Reply 828
i neeeeeeed motivation! this is not ideal! hahah! anyone got any tips?
Reply 829
I have got the uni hospital as my desktop picture lol :biggrin: and I try to think about the horrible feeling I will have if I fail to get into medical school after all I have done still not enough motivation sometimes I just can't study and I know the reason I'm just so tired of all the stress I am experiencing this year but just 1 month of it is left so I have to do my best. I think its probably the same with many of you guys... remember how we were stressed a) to get interview invitations b) preparing for them c) waiting for an offer and now finally d) EXAMS.
God I want my summer vacation so bad :frown:
Figures from Cardiff open day today:
3,500 applicants to Cardiff this year
900 interviews
Cut off was 24 points except for students from poor areas
400 offers made
300 places (30 for overseas; 270 for UK)
Reply 831
Original post by Godfrey Peters
Figures from Cardiff open day today:
3,500 applicants to Cardiff this year
900 interviews
Cut off was 24 points except for students from poor areas
400 offers made
300 places (30 for overseas; 270 for UK)

Hope you enjoyed the open day. Did you go in the DR? If so what did you think of it?
My offer still hasn't come through on ucas yet! (got the offer email 23rd or march) Really stressing me out its my only.offer as a reapplicant! I emailed them last a few weeks ago (no reply) but I Did get an offer letter in The post. Anyone else in this situation?!

Also im going to the 2nd may afternoon open day---see you there! :-D
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 833
Original post by Elwyn
Hope you enjoyed the open day. Did you go in the DR? If so what did you think of it?

Very useful talk from the admissions tutors. I didn't go to the DR.
Reply 834
Just wondering.... is Cardiff a safe city??
Reply 835
Original post by george08
Just wondering.... is Cardiff a safe city??

One of the safest in the country. I've walked through the city many times in the early hours of the morning after a night out and have never felt unsafe.
Reply 836

I was interview on the 8th december 2011 and recieved an offer in March, there must be others like me!
Reply 837
I have got only 2 days left till my exams :eek: is any one here doing the IB?
Reply 838
One more question guys:colondollar: which accommodation did you apply for? My first choice is Allensbank thinking that it would be near the medical school.. but some people say that the medical school is moved from the heath campus :s-smilie: I'm so confused.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 839
Original post by doctor92
One more question guys:colondollar: which accommodation did you apply for? My first choice is Allensbank thinking that it would be near the medical school.. but some people say that the medical school is moved from the heath campus :s-smilie: I'm so confused.

We rarely use the heath in first year, we're in bio sci all the time. So it's probably best you look into getting moved or your going to have a really long walk everyday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending