The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

in the email from Keele saying how many people applied etc it says they will aim to have all applications assessed by the end of December, does that mean they will have made a decision either way which they will let us know?
But I thought Keele always gave two weeks notice for interviews, they can't have all decisions done by the end of december for interviews in march because that exceeds the two week rule :s-smilie:
Original post by ViceVersa
But I thought Keele always gave two weeks notice for interviews, they can't have all decisions done by the end of december for interviews in march because that exceeds the two week rule :s-smilie:

Well, for one there is no official two week rule, they could theoretically do so.

But also having them assessed does not mean that they'll notify everyone of interviews or rejections.

It could be that they know who is going to be invited for interview by the end of December and keep inviting until March.
But who knows :confused: We'll just have to wait and see :biggrin:
Btw how did your Barts interview go?
Original post by righthanded5
Maybe they will assess all the applications by the end of december, but not reveal untill 2 weeks before the set interview date, and then reject others near the end?

Original post by Normandy114
Well, for one there is no official two week rule, they could theoretically do so.

But also having them assessed does not mean that they'll notify everyone of interviews or rejections.

Do you think then that they will give out all rejections by the end of Dec?

Original post by Scarface-Don
It could be that they know who is going to be invited for interview by the end of December and keep inviting until March.
But who knows :confused: We'll just have to wait and see :biggrin:
Btw how did your Barts interview go?

I'm soo impatient :sigh:

My interview was okay I think. I can't really describe it, like when you leave it's hard to tell how you actually did. I was stressful though, and not in a way I expected. I tried to handle the situation calmly though, and I tried my best to respond to the questions. That's all I can really say - like I know I could have done better, but at least I tried my best. I guess only there decision would tell how well I really did :redface:
Reply 585
Original post by Parle à ma main
Not sure if bolded bit is serious? :colondollar: I wouldn't say that UKCAT doesn't measure intelligence, but I think it takes a very narrow focus on what intelligence is. I'm not logical/mathematical, but I'm smart enough to know I need to work for what I want, and as far as I'm concerned, that's more important in life. :p:

/sounding like cheap "how to take control of your life!" book

The bold was swollen with sarcasm. Anecdotally, it is the least reliable assessment I've ever been subjected to.

I have no idea what it tests. It clearly tests something, but what that something is remains a mystery to moi.

Probably not, because then that would be everyone left has an interview and would still give them weeks of extra notice. I expect they'll stagger them to keep it fair, and unfortunately keep a few applicants hanging on.
Original post by righthanded5
I think they'll give out rejections in batches, this way everyone is left guessing, because if they did send out all the rejections at the same time, it could be made fairly obvious that if you havent got a rejection you have an interview...

Probably not, because then that would be everyone left has an interview and would still give them weeks of extra notice. I expect they'll stagger them to keep it fair, and unfortunately keep a few applicants hanging on.

:sigh:
Reply 588

This
Original post by Kinkerz
The bold was swollen with sarcasm. Anecdotally, it is the least reliable assessment I've ever been subjected to.

I have no idea what it tests. It clearly tests something, but what that something is remains a mystery to moi.

Have you ever heard about a test called the Morrisby test?

It tests you on your damn ability to write the letter S backwards, forwards, with your right and left hands, as well as some psychoanalysis testing in order to work out what career you might be good at.

I paid f****** £26 for it (didn't know it was that s*** at the time)

Apparently my backwards Ss look good, so that's why I'd be a good surgeon :smug:
Original post by Kinkerz

Haha, ok, then I agree with you.

The ISC UKCAT book is full of bull reasoning on why UKCAT = good doc, if we said that stuff in an interview, they'd just slap us one.
Original post by thegodofgod

It tests you on your damn ability to write the letter S backwards, forwards, with your right and left hands, as well as some psychoanalysis testing in order to work out what career you might be good at.

Apparently my backwards Ss look good, so that's why I'd be a good surgeon :smug:

I hope you put that in your PS, unconditional offer :ahee:
Original post by Parle à ma main
I hope you put that in your PS, unconditional offer :ahee:

If only I had... :rolleyes:
Reply 593

Sounds... quack-ish.
Original post by Kinkerz
Sounds... quack-ish.

:erm: :confused:
Reply 595
:erm: :confused:

Never read Bad Science?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quackery

I'm soo impatient :sigh:

My interview was okay I think. I can't really describe it, like when you leave it's hard to tell how you actually did. I was stressful though, and not in a way I expected. I tried to handle the situation calmly though, and I tried my best to respond to the questions. That's all I can really say - like I know I could have done better, but at least I tried my best. I guess only there decision would tell how well I really did :redface:

I'm sure you'll get the offer :smile:
Original post by Kinkerz

ahh, yeah - very quacky :cool:
Original post by Scarface-Don
I'm sure you'll get the offer :smile:

How can you be? Nobody knows :sigh: I really hope I do too though, thanks :redface:
Reply 599
How can you be? Nobody knows :sigh: I really hope I do too though, thanks :redface:

There is a reasonable chance you will hear before Christmas I think, its early in the month yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending