The Student Room Group

HYMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by apple17
Hey u :smile:
I do IB so my offer is IB-based. :cry2:
I am guessing its your province's high school diploma system, like Ontario's is OSSD. :smile:

What sort of score do they require? In any case you should be ok. You had the grades so far and now you have something to drive you forward . :biggrin:
Offer, Got it at 17.04 on Thursdayy! :biggrin: So happy!!
Offer! :biggrin: NO idea how I'm gonna fund it though, being a graduate already :s-smilie:...hello bank loans?

Still waiting to hear from Newcastle & Durham!
Reply 563
Original post by getchanceandluck
What sort of score do they require? In any case you should be ok. You had the grades so far and now you have something to drive you forward . :biggrin:

36 IB (6,6,5 at HL)
Definitely, going to start 2 months of hard core revision in March and April (don't want to burn out too early or forget stuff).
CONGRATS btw. :smile:
Original post by FJH
Rejected, it just feels awful that they think you are not good enough and the thing is I thought this interview had gone well so now I'm worried for all the other interview results.
The one saving grace is that I have an offer so at least somewhere thinks I'm good enough! Can't help feeling disappointed though.

Anyway, many congratulations to those who have offers I hope it is the first of many! :smile: And all the best for getting As!

I got rejected too! A 10 hour flight and spent so much money only to get rejected!
I got one more university pending, probably be unsuccessful though given that I just must have messed up my interview there badly as well! I thought my HYMS one was good as well!
Hey does anyone know when we find out if we are assigned to the Hull or York campus?
Original post by Gabbymarchy
Hey does anyone know when we find out if we are assigned to the Hull or York campus?

I believe once all decisions have been made - June/July?
Original post by Gabbymarchy

Got my letter in the post this morning. They say it's once everyone has made a decision on whether they are going to HYMS, which is usually about June time. People who have it as their insurance find out in August. :smile:
Reply 568
Original post by MAMDS1993
I got rejected too! A 10 hour flight and spent so much money only to get rejected!
I got one more university pending, probably be unsuccessful though given that I just must have messed up my interview there badly as well! I thought my HYMS one was good as well!

Really sorry to hear that :frown: 10 hours thats crazy?
Keep hoping! the offer I have, I came out the interview and burst into tears and then cried for the next few days cos it went so awfully! so hey you really never know.
Really hope you get good news from that uni :smile:
Original post by FJH
Really sorry to hear that :frown: 10 hours thats crazy?
Keep hoping! the offer I have, I came out the interview and burst into tears and then cried for the next few days cos it went so awfully! so hey you really never know.
Really hope you get good news from that uni :smile:

Yeah never know! Maybe the other uni (BSMS btw) thought differently to the HYMS one!! But I guess I have convinced myself that something good will come out of this. So I will keep hoping :smile:!
Reply 570
Have people got offers of AAA or AAAb?
And I was wondering about the offers holder day too - when do we go to see accommodation etc?
Reply 571
Original post by Erotas
Have people got offers of AAA or AAAb?
And I was wondering about the offers holder day too - when do we go to see accommodation etc?

My friend got an AAA one. :smile:
Are you planning on firming HYMS btw?
Reply 572
Original post by apple17
My friend got an AAA one. :smile:
Are you planning on firming HYMS btw?

Okay thanks!
I would love to go there but Newcastle and Leicester are my first choices. I haven't got an offer from either yet so at the moment HYMS is my firm :tongue:
Also the offer says that the b is excluding further maths which means I have to get an A in further maths. I'm going to email them to make sure the offer is right :L

Ps. We can't have a medicine offer as an insurance can we (if for example you're offered AAAb(firm) and then AAA(insurance)) ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 573
Original post by Erotas
Okay thanks!
I would love to go there but Newcastle and Leicester are my first choices. I haven't got an offer from either yet so at the moment HYMS is my firm :tongue:

Ps. We can't have a medicine offer as an insurance can we (if for example you're offered AAAb(firm) and then AAA(insurance)) ?

No probs. :smile:
Ah,I see, good luck at your other choices, I think Newcastle gives all decisions in March. Newcastle is really pretty according to my friends there. :love:
That is completely possible because they may have specified the conditions different. one tsr user has Oxford as firm, AAA and KCL as insurance: AAAb
Reply 574
Original post by apple17
No probs. :smile:
Ah,I see, good luck at your other choices, I think Newcastle gives all decisions in March. Newcastle is really pretty according to my friends there. :love:
That is completely possible because they may have specified the conditions different. one tsr user has Oxford as firm, AAA and KCL as insurance: AAAb

Thank you!
Do you have an offer at HYMS too? And newcastle is a gorgeous university!!

Really!!!? My friends at school said that you can only pick one out of your 4 med schools and medics and dentists (possibly vets) can't have an insurance! :confused:
Edit: I can't find any information to back this up so it's most likely untrue.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 575
Original post by Erotas
Thank you!
Do you have an offer at HYMS too? And newcastle is a gorgeous university!!

Really!!!? My friends at school said that you can only pick one out of your 4 med schools and medics and dentists (possibly vets) can't have an insurance! :confused:
Edit: I can't find any information to back this up so it's most likely untrue.

Yeah, I got an offer on thursday but it is an IB offer.
No way, I think they are genuinely confused, you can pick a firm and insurance, if you view the medic and applicant profile thread, then people there picked a firm/insurance. If ur offer is unconditional, then you can only have a firm.
Reply 576
Original post by apple17
Yeah, I got an offer on thursday but it is an IB offer.
No way, I think they are genuinely confused, you can pick a firm and insurance, if you view the medic and applicant profile thread, then people there picked a firm/insurance. If ur offer is unconditional, then you can only have a firm.

Oh congrats!! Are you firming it?
And yeah I will clear things up tomorrow :tongue:
Thank you for making me aware of it - else I would've rejected three and kept one!! :redface:
Reply 577
Original post by Erotas
Oh congrats!! Are you firming it?
And yeah I will clear things up tomorrow :tongue:
Thank you for making me aware of it - else I would've rejected three and kept one!! :redface:

I might be insuring it, but going to make up my mind in a week or so. At the moment, need to complete IB coursework. :redface:
That would be a smart idea. :tongue:
No problems, that wouldn't have been wise. :redface: I think a lot of medics don't keep insurance because it is AAA across the board (typically) but it might be a good idea, some offers are so specific while others are a bit more general :smile:
Reply 578
From what I remember your offer depends on the subjects you're taking and on AS grades - so they can vary a bit. For those that got rejected, HYMS loves reapplicants so apply again should you not get in anywhere else. Congrats to those who got offers - you've just gotta hope for York now!
Original post by 2klthor
From what I remember your offer depends on the subjects you're taking and on AS grades - so they can vary a bit. For those that got rejected, HYMS loves reapplicants so apply again should you not get in anywhere else. Congrats to those who got offers - you've just gotta hope for York now!

York? Pfffft! Hull is where the parties are :smile:

All the dull people are in York :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending