The Student Room Group

Calling all HL art student .. I need a bit of help.

Basically I go to a mixed college :woo: so because of the small numbers the IB visual art students got put into the A level fine art classes, which is great in many ways... but... my teacher cannot teach A level art well let alone IB...:withstupid: I have no idea what I'm meant to be doing ... what the IB people like to see ... she seems to think that mixed media is like the ultimate thing to do, all all final peices should be painting... now I know that isn't true, and I'm being marked on visual arts not the fine art class she teaches... any help anyone can give me would save my life... I love art and really want a 7 but I have no idea if for the last year my sketchbooks are at all what is wanted... and before I start my second year if I have to be so confined with what I can do... :bricks:
Because I love drawing and I like painting and I don't mind spending the odd hour sticking paper in the shape of a face, but I'd love to break into more illustrative/graphical art and photography work.

:charm:
Reply 1
For my first year, we had an IB group of mixed years, like first and second years in together, but now we are going to also be sharing with other classes. With about 10 of them and 3 of us :/ tbh, I am a little worried as I have yet another art teacher who seems to have lost the plot a little when it comes to focusing.

Our first project last year was supposed to be either a video or photoessay, so I am sure that it is fine for you to do that as long as you set it out properly and whatever. Since then, between the other two and I we have also made totempoles, jewellery, abstract pieces with string and i am now looking at body art. So, 3D art, fine art, IT, graphics, fashion...anything i think.
I think we can do what we like, as long as it is appealing in some way to look at, and it incorporates the idea, we show depth and breadth of research and include some kind of influence or research into another culture...or so my teacher has said... but again, i am not sure how fanastic he is yet as generally i have no clue what i am doing. All of last years passed art..

I hope this helps !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending