The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GQ.
I feel like I will fall over if I do pendlay rows.

I love Pendlay Rows, while I find it hard to maintain absolute stiffness in my hip joint I arch my back as tight as possible and put myself at an angle that I can really feel the stretch in my hamstrings, almost as if I was doing a RDL. I find that keeps me pretty stable.

I always feel like there's some momentum carryover from pulling from the floor though, if you contract your upper back at an explosive speed naturally that momentum wants to shift you backwards and it feels limiting to try and counter act that motion while puling in the opposite direction.
Reply 581
Original post by commandant
barbell rows can be classed as anything - pendlay / bent over / yates / all the other variations

Oh right.. Is there any article which shows different poses of it ? :s
Original post by ibysaiyan
Oh right.. Is there any article which shows different poses of it ? :s

I believe the article is called, Youtube.
The article can be found here
Reply 584
Original post by Break To Build
I believe the article is called, Youtube.

Original post by Herr Stamper
The article can be found here

Thanks ....
lol
There's a transexual at my gym.

Pretty cool guy/girl/guy/girl.
Original post by Michael XYZ
There's a transexual at my gym.

Pretty cool guy/girl/guy/girl.

you fcuked a tranny?

not cool bro
you fcuked a tranny?

not cool bro

Strong comprehension skills.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Strong comprehension skills.

still not cool bro

you give or take?
still not cool bro

you give or take?

Reply 590
Just finished breakfast :/, darn i hate waking up late ****s up my bulking!
Reply 591
Original post by redbuthotter
I swear lats were mainly for aesthetics? As well as overhead and pressing stability.

I'm currently discovering that my weak-ass lats are a massive disadvantage in the O-lifts, especially in the clean. Since I can't engage them very well it means I often don't pull the bar close enough to my body in the 2nd pull and end up catching the bar really far in front of me.
Nearly ripped my torso from my waist doing that the other day, but my lower back is so much stronger that I mong-strengthed it up and did a legal lift. Got told to stop deadlifting so much lolol.
Reply 592
Original post by Gallium
Just finished breakfast :/, darn i hate waking up late ****s up my bulking!

U joking? I just got in from work. :nn:
I swear lats were mainly for aesthetics?

Is that what it says in The Origin of Species?
Reply 594
Original post by Becca
U joking? I just got in from work. :nn:

Gosh i wish i was joking, got so much to do and i cba going to the gym now as it's peak time :/
I swear lats were mainly for aesthetics? As well as overhead and pressing stability.

I've heard that powerful lats build a good foundation for benching too
Maybe it's all in my head but once I started feeling my lats more whilst bench pressing I feel stronger doing them.

Also seems to provide stronger stability than when I wasn't. No idea if it's a good or bad idea but I'm rolling with it for now.

Edit: Holy forearms!

Anyone watch Olympia weekend? I don't care much for it, but kinda interested.
(edited 12 years ago)
The lats are very important in bench pressing - particularly with a wider grip and lowering the bar to a lower down position of the torso.
Surprisingly having every muscle well developed is better than having only a few.
I tend to be bench quite high up my torso personally. No shoulder injures either

Latest