The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8260
Those look cheap. I'd get something from Strength Shop. Either their own makes, or some Titans or something.
Reply 8261
Original post by SMed
Those look cheap. I'd get something from Strength Shop. Either their own makes, or some Titans or something.

Cheers.

Think I'll give these a go as I'm being a bit of a cheapskate.
Reply 8262
Failed a 220kg deadlift yesterday. Feelsbadman
Fell off my bicycle at a decent 20+mph on the way back from the gym. Feelsbadman.

Shredded up both knees/elbows/thighs.

Luckily my bike was still rideable but it pull to the left a lot now... :colone:
Original post by MHorman
Fell off my bicycle at a decent 20+mph on the way back from the gym. Feelsbadman.

Shredded up both knees/elbows/thighs.

Luckily my bike was still rideable but it pull to the left a lot now... :colone:

same thing happened to me ;(, on top of that went out last night drank quite a bit. i've woke up with a slight rash, and feel ****...... dunno whether to repeat my previous workouts or go for pr.....got some food in after i got home last night, looked disgusting as al takeouts do but i downed it anyway ;(
Reply 8265
Original post by u4m1r
Failed a 220kg deadlift yesterday. Feelsbadman

FOLives

Original post by Mr. Fox
Hi.

Got the new Adipower WL shoes. Amazing. They **** all over my 2004 Adistars. Recommended.

Hi,

I'm also considering the new Adipowers because, well, I fancy treating myself. I see that you like them. :wink:

Just a quick question: how high is the actual heel? By that I mean how big is the difference between the bottom of the toe and the top of the heel rather than just high high the top of the heel is from the floor. Thanks.
Reply 8267
MIA has gotten a hell of a lot hotter. New song is also great.
http://www.facebook.com/Maxiraw

People, go there and like that.

Only need 100 more people and get 6 prizes of 2.5kg bags of protein.
Get more weightlifting friends to join it as well.
Original post by CB5
MIA has gotten a hell of a lot hotter. New song is also great.

brb ripping samples from the greatest band of all time

brb encouraging terrorism (srs - look for yourself what her albums are about)

brb having no knowledge at all

brb she's phucking groce.
Had the worst gym sesh in a while, probs due to lack of sleep/ drinking and stuff all caught up with me i guess

anyway heres the story:

went gym was meant to squat 120 3x3....done my first set and got 2 reps..... realized i won't hip prs today as drink ****s the whole week up, i decided to just go for 6-7 reps on 100kg., went to do my set and like on the third rep some huge guy comes running and starts grabbing/spotting me and wouldn't let go till i did 12 reps...(he then started having a go at me for lifting heavy weight as i did 120 earlier and he was watching., his advice was pretty poor imo....pissed me off and ruined my whole workout. (he told me to start doing leg extensions lol)
My cafetiere smashed today, only had it for about a month :frown:!

Is there any difference between the cheap unbranded ones compared to the sexy Bodum presses? I'm always desperate for my coffee fix during work :frown:
milan milan solo con te
milan milan sempre con te
Original post by Gallium

went gym was meant to squat 120 3x3....done my first set and got 2 reps..... realized i won't hip prs today as drink ****s the whole week up, i decided to just go for 6-7 reps on 100kg., went to do my set and like on the third rep some huge guy comes running and starts grabbing/spotting me and wouldn't let go till i did 12 reps...(he then started having a go at me for lifting heavy weight as i did 120 earlier and he was watching., his advice was pretty poor imo....pissed me off and ruined my whole workout. (he told me to start doing leg extensions lol)

Should gave told him to gtfo and just racked the weight. Someone tried to spot me qhilst squatting once so i just racked it and expained that i don't need a spot to squat with. If i can't make a rep i can ditch it on the failrails...

Also, i tried to find the random lifting video where someone shouts "Get out of the rack" when someone tries to offer a spot whilst squatting.

Was this at Matt's gym? Should have gone and told Matt or someone(a trainer) if this guy was pissing you off...
Original post by MHorman
http://www.facebook.com/Maxiraw

People, go there and like that.

Only need 100 more people and get 6 prizes of 2.5kg bags of protein.
Get more weightlifting friends to join it as well.

who gets the prizes?
Reply 8275
Original post by Oh I Really Don't Care
brb ripping samples from the greatest band of all time

brb encouraging terrorism (srs - look for yourself what her albums are about)

brb having no knowledge at all

brb she's phucking groce.

lol you actually serious? rap/grime artists always talk about killing each other and then MIA makes a video about persecuting gingers and people take it seriously?

The terrorism thing was just a piss take too.

And she was horrible before this video, watch it srs. She looks nice in it srs.
Original post by MHorman
Should gave told him to gtfo and just racked the weight. Someone tried to spot me qhilst squatting once so i just racked it and expained that i don't need a spot to squat with. If i can't make a rep i can ditch it on the failrails...

Also, i tried to find the random lifting video where someone shouts "Get out of the rack" when someone tries to offer a spot whilst squatting.

Was this at Matt's gym? Should have gone and told Matt or someone(a trainer) if this guy was pissing you off...

this dude was quite big, but like i shouted i got it multiple times, when i tried racking it he'd actually drag me down ;( , yhhh it was at matts gym, infact i seen him talk to matt quite often. he kept 'bert' staring me and said i'm not pushing myself, wtf fuark heavily spotted reps is not pushing imo. and i actually add weight to the bar at least once a week.

i so wanna smash a deaddlift and press pr on friday, but i think i'll struggle due to chillin to much
Original post by CB5
lol you actually serious? rap/grime artists always talk about killing each other and then MIA makes a video about persecuting gingers and people take it seriously?

The terrorism thing was just a piss take too.

You a phucking retard bro (and by bro I mean never my bro, you degenerate).

She supports a terrorist group in Sr Lanka, srsly why do you even bother commenting on things you know nothing of?

SMH you think other people are as stupid as you and assume her critism stems from a video of gingers. Nah bro, get real.

Peace out phuckwit.
Reply 8278
Original post by Oh I Really Don't Care
You a phucking retard bro (and by bro I mean never my bro, you degenerate).

She supports a terrorist group in Sr Lanka, srsly why do you even bother commenting on things you know nothing of?

SMH you think other people are as stupid as you and assume her critism stems from a video of gingers. Nah bro, get real.

Peace out phuckwit.

hahaha chill out 'bro', all I said was I liked her recent song.

strong over reaction.

you mad ginger?
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
who gets the prizes?

Random people. If they get 1500 people by end of next week they'll throw up a status and you "like" it and then they pick random people to win. I got a tshirt/bottle last week.

Original post by Gallium
this dude was quite big, but like i shouted i got it multiple times, when i tried racking it he'd actually drag me down ;( , yhhh it was at matts gym, infact i seen him talk to matt quite often. he kept 'bert' staring me and said i'm not pushing myself, wtf fuark heavily spotted reps is not pushing imo. and i actually add weight to the bar at least once a week.

i so wanna smash a deaddlift and press pr on friday, but i think i'll struggle due to chillin to much

I'd just go tell Matt what happened and tell him you don't want random guys attacking you whilst you're squatting from now on. Fairly simple request... PM him on here(Or he's probably stalking this thread).

Also, i missed 52.5*5 OHP today for literally the 4th time. Think i attempted it twice like may last year and never got it and attempted it last week and this week. Keep getting like 4 and a half. Dropping back down to like 45 again and working up in 5*5 or something...

Latest