Scroll to see replies

Original post by Powerlifter
Who's that then?

The bloke who runs Genesis. Apparently he set a 140kg squat record-

http://www.genesisgym.co.uk/about_us.html
make sure you get him to do his signature slap before you lift
Reply 1182
Hello men

Anyone here a member of PureGym? Theres one opening near my house and im thinking of joining it but cant look around first, as its not finished yet and the limited availablity opening offer is ending soon

Thanks
Original post by Cotto
Hello men

Anyone here a member of PureGym? Theres one opening near my house and im thinking of joining it but cant look around first, as its not finished yet and the limited availablity opening offer is ending soon

Thanks

I'm a member of pure gym Edinburgh. For 16.99 a month, it's alright (I think new gyms offer cheaper introductory rates.). You get what you pay for though, minimal staff, loads of ***** etc...You'll be fine as long as you keep your earphones in :smile:.

The one i go to has:-

2 power cages [but the catches are ridiculously high - only good for benching]
3 bars - 2x20kg ones (rated to 1500lbs apparently) and 1x15kg (i think) thin bar.
1 Smith
about 6 or 7 benches (mix of decline, flat, ones for shoulder pressing)
rubber dumbbells going up to 36kg.
fixed barbells
various chin up bits
Various cable machines
I reckon there is about 300kg in plates
Apparently only liquid and chalk balls allowed but i've not been told off for using my chalk blocks :grin:

not to mention the various cardio and fitness machines.

I do question the cleanliness of the toilets and showers though. :erm:

And there's only one water fountain :colonhash:

Buy a padlock from a poundstretcher because the pure gym ones are £3.50.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeeso

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1184
Original post by cowsforsale
I'm a member of pure gym Edinburgh. For 16.99 a month, it's alright (I think new gyms offer cheaper introductory rates.). You get what you pay for though, minimal staff, loads of ***** etc...You'll be fine as long as you keep your earphones in :smile:.

The one i go to has:-

2 power cages [but the catches are ridiculously high - only good for benching]
3 bars - 2x20kg ones (rated to 1500lbs apparently) and 1x15kg (i think) thin bar.
1 Smith
about 6 or 7 benches (mix of decline, flat, ones for shoulder pressing)
rubber dumbbells going up to 36kg.
fixed barbells
various chin up bits
Various cable machines
I reckon there is about 300kg in plates
Apparently only liquid and chalk balls allowed but i've not been told off for using my chalk blocks :grin:

not to mention the various cardio and fitness machines.

I do question the cleanliness of the toilets and showers though. :erm:

And there's only one water fountain :colonhash:

Buy a padlock from a poundstretcher because the pure gym ones are £3.50.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeeso

Thanks alot dude, I guess they have no punch bags then? And with the power cages, does that I mean I wont be able to squat or will have to squat high or something?

Should be fine with showering at home anyway, gym will be like 10 mins walk from home, and hopefully wont need to drop a deuce or anything but if i do ill just use the american pie toilet paper method.

Do they charge your bank by direct debit? is it easy to cancel membership if you dont like it there?

Also, £3.50 to secure your locker! really does sound like the Ryan Air of gyms

Thanks
Reply 1185
Original post by a_t

gross

Original post by Cotto
Thanks alot dude, I guess they have no punch bags then? And with the power cages, does that I mean I wont be able to squat or will have to squat high or something?

Should be fine with showering at home anyway, gym will be like 10 mins walk from home, and hopefully wont need to drop a deuce or anything but if i do ill just use the american pie toilet paper method.

Do they charge your bank by direct debit? is it easy to cancel membership if you dont like it there?

Also, £3.50 to secure your locker! really does sound like the Ryan Air of gyms

Thanks

The lockers have a hole which you can fit any regular joe padlock (pure gym just happen to sell their own branded ones).

No punch bag, but they do have those vibrating plates :erm:

You can still squat low. Te first adjustable catch setting is too high, but there is a fixed catcher below it (but it's a bit low making bailing a squat quite tricky).

Yeah they take it out via dd. Not sure about cancelling.
No homo but Babyslayer guy on Misc is ****ing sick.

to:

Reply 1188
Original post by Michael XYZ
My reaction to babyslaya's cut

Just going to leave this here:

"Fit girls" on The Chive.
Reply 1190
Original post by Break To Build
Just going to leave this here:

"Fit girls" on The Chive.

Sorry but I just don't get what everyone on here sees with those type of girls. The majority of them were either too skinny and ripped, or borderline female bodybuilder, with the exception of number 15 who has a luscious arse. I like a decent pair of thighs, not a pair that don't meet at the top
Reply 1191
I'm just gonna leave this here for the next time Binkles alludes to the idea of weightliters having an elite sort of technical strength that only translates to a big C+J and Snatch.

You know the sorts of myths that give you crack pipe dreams of only being able to bench 70kg, press 60kg but yet have a huge C+J because it's an elite skill set.

and Klokov 225 push press:

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Adidas90
I'm just gonna leave this here for the next time Binkles alludes to the idea of weightliters having an elite sort of technical strength that only translates to a big C+J and Snatch.

Sa that Klokov vid the other day, it's sick.

Watch this from about 7.55. Is there anyone that can speak Russian that can confirm what he's saying about steroids?
(edited 12 years ago)
Sorry but I just don't get what everyone on here sees with those type of girls. The majority of them were either too skinny and ripped, or borderline female bodybuilder, with the exception of number 15 who has a luscious arse. I like a decent pair of thighs, not a pair that don't meet at the top

Yeah they all have no hips at all and if you removed their [fake] tits, would look 100% like boys.

would not touch
Reply 1194
Original post by Arturo Bandini
Yeah they all have no hips at all and if you removed their [fake] tits, would look 100% like boys.

would not touch

I just need dat hourglass and dat azz

I need it
I just need dat hourglass and dat azz

I need it

Mmhhhmmm.

That's why I like fitness girls who don't cut to ridiculous levels. That way they can still have decent sized natty boobs.

Edit: I think someone out there really just doesn't want me to enjoy my Freshers. Taking bunch of antibiotics so can only drink a little, ridiculous cough, blocked nose and now getting a sore throat too.

Y U DO DIS?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Megaloblastic

hahaha bless em
Reply 1198
oh my lols. That was only uploaded one month ago, give it another few months and it will explode lol, its the new smash it out on the chest
At least they try.

Latest