The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU finance?

Can you get a student loan to study at OU and if you can, do you get it through Student Finance England or through the OU directly? Also, there are links on their website to apply for financial support, does that include loans or is that just bursary type things?
Any help would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by HalfBloodPrincess
Can you get a student loan to study at OU and if you can, do you get it through Student Finance England or through the OU directly? Also, there are links on their website to apply for financial support, does that include loans or is that just bursary type things?
Any help would be appreciated.

Ello,

You get your fees paid for by a non-repayable grant if you earn under 16k, depending how many points you study at a time. It tapers off above that.

There's no maintenance loan as we're still considered only part time, even if studying full time.

The eligibility checker on this page will tell you how much you can get. http://www8.open.ac.uk/study/explained/how-to-apply/financial-support

If you want to apply, find your courses, register for them, and use the online financial support application button on the above page once you're done. You'll likely have to print stuff out and send off a load of proof though.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Moggs
Ello,

You get your fees paid for by a non-repayable grant if you earn under 16k, depending how many points you study at a time. It tapers off above that.

There's no maintenance loan as we're still considered only part time, even if studying full time.

The eligibility checker on this page will tell you how much you can get. http://www8.open.ac.uk/study/explained/how-to-apply/financial-support

If you want to apply, find your courses, register for them, and use the online financial support application button on the above page once you're done. You'll likely have to print stuff out and send off a load of proof though.

Thanks. So to be clear, I wouldn't be able to get a normal student loan? Only a non-repayable grant if I'm eligible?
Reply 3
Original post by HalfBloodPrincess
Thanks. So to be clear, I wouldn't be able to get a normal student loan? Only a non-repayable grant if I'm eligible?

Yep, just a grant that covers your fees for the modules :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Moggs
Yep, just a grant that covers your fees for the modules :smile:

Thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest