The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sammycahalin
My first choice is Mackinder too! What are you studying? :smile:

hi! I'm doing animal science :smile: what about you?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Slightly worried that nobody else seems to be doing my course! Aaah! Wanna go to Reading soo bad! :'(
Reply 722
Original post by sandhulosundari
Slightly worried that nobody else seems to be doing my course! Aaah! Wanna go to Reading soo bad! :'(

Whats the course ? I can't find many people doing mine either!
Original post by YB101
Whats the course ? I can't find many people doing mine either!

History and Economics! What've you applied for??
Reply 724
I haven't found anyone doing Environmental Science yet! Where are you all? :P
Reply 725
Original post by sandhulosundari
History and Economics! What've you applied for??

Biomedical Science!
I wouldn't worry too much about there appearing to be not many people on your course, you'll find that on your 'course' specifically it can vary yet you might share lectures with a larger group, which you'll get to know. :smile:

The total number on my exact course was a grand total of 2 in my first year (Once students from Asia transferred for second year as they do it grew). But I shared a large number of lectures, if not all, with other people on similar courses.

I'm studying Food Technology, yet I shared a lot with Food Science, Food Sci & Business and Nutrition students.
Original post by Chasethebase
I wouldn't worry too much about there appearing to be not many people on your course, you'll find that on your 'course' specifically it can vary yet you might share lectures with a larger group, which you'll get to know. :smile:

The total number on my exact course was a grand total of 2 in my first year (Once students from Asia transferred for second year as they do it grew). But I shared a large number of lectures, if not all, with other people on similar courses.

I'm studying Food Technology, yet I shared a lot with Food Science, Food Sci & Business and Nutrition students.

I'm more worried about it in terms of entry than anything else, tbh. I'm sure the actual lectures and things will be fine :smile:
Hi,

I have applied for postgraduate accommodation at the University of Reading and got an offer for the benyon hall which was my first choice. Does anyone have any experience or stories about benyon hall? Also I've chosen self-catering and I am a vegetarian so was wondering how people have managed to share a kitchen with other vegetarians? Or how any vegetarians at Reading like sharing a kitchen with non-vegetarians? Has there been any problems/issues in your experience? Thanks in advance :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 729
So who's doing Accounting and Management? I don't think I've met anyone who's applied for the same course as me. :frown:
Original post by rishi_tank
Hi,

I have applied for postgraduate accommodation at the University of Reading and got an offer for the benyon hall which was my first choice. Does anyone have any experience or stories about benyon hall? Also I've chosen self-catering and I am a vegetarian so was wondering how people have managed to share a kitchen with other vegetarians? Or how any vegetarians at Reading like sharing a kitchen with non-vegetarians? Has there been any problems/issues in your experience? Thanks in advance :smile:

Not to sound harsh, but I don't see, in self-catered halls, how this would be a problem (Other than maybe the cooking smells reaching your room, but I don't know about the interior of Benyon).

As long as you have your own utensils etc. and wash them/keep them apart from everyone else's you shouldn't have a problem. :smile: Maybe a more detailed description of what you're worried about would help me figure out what is the main reason for your concern.
Not to sound harsh, but I don't see, in self-catered halls, how this would be a problem (Other than maybe the cooking smells reaching your room, but I don't know about the interior of Benyon).

As long as you have your own utensils etc. and wash them/keep them apart from everyone else's you shouldn't have a problem. :smile: Maybe a more detailed description of what you're worried about would help me figure out what is the main reason for your concern.

Thanks, yes I suppose that's what I'll have to do. It's not really the smell that would bother me, just having food and utensils being used for non-vegetarian meals e.g. Some people might get some food in the butter etc. it could be an idea to get a mini fridge I guess?

Reply 732
Anyone going to the ICMA centre for any course....If yes....Please buzz as we can discuss about it!!!!:smile:
Mini fridges are not allowed in all halls AFAIK. So you'd just have to store your food in the communal fridge.

Mini fridges are not allowed in all halls AFAIK. So you'd just have to store your food in the communal fridge.

I thought mini fridges are provided in rooms in some halls (don't think they are in benyon) but there should be no reason why I can't buy my own? It's just another electronic device in my room right?

Reply 735
Anybody going for the Business and management course? And what conditional offers did they get and for what subjects?
Original post by rishi_tank
I thought mini fridges are provided in rooms in some halls (don't think they are in benyon) but there should be no reason why I can't buy my own? It's just another electronic device in my room right?

They're classified as a fire hazard and aren't allowed AFAIK, unless the rules have changed over the past year. They're not provided in rooms in halls either.
Original post by paulinaa243
hi! I'm doing animal science :smile: what about you?

Hey! :smile: I'm doing Theatre and Film, can't wait for it to start now - I just hope I get the right results!
Pharmacy anyone??
Reply 739
Original post by microwaves
Pharmacy anyone??

Hiya me I confirmed Reading MPharm !! :smile::smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending