The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
People have different opinions on what each is I think, I get called skinny a lot by my friends (size 8 shirt, size 10 trousers - altho my arms are damn skinny) but I never see myself as thin, although I partially put that down to just being a teenage girl. I know people who call girls who are size 10-12 thin but others only say thin when they are like a size 6 or a small 8.
And curvy...well I tend to use that to say describe a Marylin Monroe style figure, like an hourglass shape or a pear shape (which I am - annoys me) where maybe the girl is quite slim but she still has quite wide hips, a bigger butt or bigger boobs etc.
I don't use the word 'curvy' to describe someone who's big, although I don't use fat to their face since I know I might get punched.
If I'm taking my two definitions tho and I was a guy I'd go for an hourglass-style curvy shape say a girl who's about a size 10/12. That's my opinion.
Reply 61
I usedto like curvy. now i am not particularly fussed big boobs are always a bonus. However most of the girls in my uni are pretty flat chested so i have pretty much stopped caring about things like boobs. Although a nice ass is always a plus.
Reply 62
I like curves on a woman - I mean what's 'attractive' about scrawny, Size 4-6 women who need a good meal inside 'em? - Miss Hilton, Richie, Barton, Lohan, etc. :\ I hate the way the Media portrays thin as "beautiful".
I like slim yet curvy women.
Boobs and Hips are what makes a womanly figure - need something to grab hold of :biggrin: I'm 32-27-35. Size 8-10. I feel I'm in proportion and I look healthy. Anyways that's my opinon...
XxX
Something that is bugging me here. a lot pf you say you like curvy girls but in a thread a while ago lots of guys said they preferred girls with small boobs. How can someone with small boobs be curvy or are different people posting each time?
Reply 64
Curves involve hips and bum. Not just boobies. :biggrin:
Reply 65
in my opinion this thread is pointless, you are never going to find a definitive answer
Reply 66
natalie1239
in my opinion this thread is pointless, you are never going to find a definitive answer

I think the wording is a bit misleading in this thread, thats why it doesnt really work. You can be thin and have curves, almost everyone has curves, even if they're not as defined. Even Paris Hilton, Nicole Kidman etc.
I think the choice should have been between thin, supermodel like (i.e. small breasts and everything) or quite plumpish. Good example would be Sophie Dahl as she was, very voluptuous, or as she is now, very very skinny.
Reply 67
when you take these measurements where abouts in particular to you measure?
i presume:
bust = fullest part?
waist = your biggest part of your stomach or your waist, say slightly under the bottom of the ribcage?
hips = around the bone, or the thighs?
I'm 36-28-36...is that quite curvy? Size 12, so I'm hardly on the thin side, that's for sure. I'd say I was normal size... but dunno if I have a curvy figure... I just seem to go straight down.
Reply 69
This is reduculas, who says you cant be thin and curvy.
- Who diffines what 'thin', or 'curvy' is.

I very much agree that girls can be too skinny, and much as they can be too fat.
And that girls can be of diffrent shapes, flatter, or more curvy, but the two arent really connected.

If your asking would we rather a girl was "overwieght" or "skiny" thats equally stupid.
- It depends on a whole lot more than that!!

Daniel (pissed off at yet another retarded thread)
I'm not a fan of fat, but stick-thin is almost as bad in my opinion. Curvy is most definitely the way to go.
Reply 71
There is a girl in our block at uni who reguarly goes on about how shes become "fat" and she's "put on weight since shes been here"

She might have gained a small amount since we started last term.
- But even still, its utter rubbish, she is by far the most attractive girl in the place.
- If it really bothers her, which is really need'nt, im more than sure she could lose it just as quickly.

Daniel
Reply 72
I'm curvy, and actually like having curves. I'm typical pear-shape, but am also quite big (need to lose a few pounds, but amount of alcohol at uni does not help!)

I think people need to remember that Marilyn Monroe was size 16, and not many people will disagree that she was beautiful!

Everyone has their own preferences and that's what makes the world interesting!
Reply 73
I think curves are attractive, however I personally wouln't like to be described as "curvy" because in my silly mind I equate it to being fat. Personally I'd rather be x-ray skinny than have a few extra pounds here or there.
Reply 74
Vezza
I think people need to remember that Marilyn Monroe was size 16, and not many people will disagree that she was beautiful!

In todays sizing Marilyn Monroe would be much smaller than size 16.
oh dear. Yet another thread that makes us girls scruntinise our bodies and feel inadequate. Thanks for that.

What ever happened to personality?
Reply 76
I think I heard that she would have been a size 14 in todays sizing...
Reply 77
natalie1239
I think I heard that she would have been a size 14 in todays sizing...

But her waist was about 22 inches, which is tiny.
Reply 78
Thank goodness women are different, having spent a long time in Japan I find the Japanese women just my cup of tea. However I feel women who are to be blunt fat should not go parading around in tight trousers, low cut tops etc. If a woman has a nice figure, i.e toned it nice to see a bit and leave the rest to the imagination. (I'm not a perv) When you travel as much as I, Britain is home to far more fatties than anywhere else I've been to, excluding dixie. I challenge anyone to find a fat bird in Scandinavia, I have a a pad there and in 6 years only a handful of fatties have been seen through the binos.
Sorry for any offence to anybody, alas untill the Blarite thought police arrest me and send me of to a camp in Siberia, I will aid fatties to be thin.
Basic Psychology one must admit they have a problem before they can sort it.
Reply 79
haha, i like you! but why are japanese women your cup of tea?

Latest

Trending

Trending