The Student Room Group
Reply 1
£40k ish. A bit of variance between them (but not much) and across the divisions. BUT why bother with london for mid markets and why tax if you're gonna be a ca? I'd think your easiest way into London B4 is just 'audit, any audit' and then moving internally after a while. Ppl don't generally jump between tax/audit as the qualifications are too different. I'm sure you could jump between the half dozen or so audt divs pretty frequently if you really wanted though!

LOL, on that note, if ya get into KPMG having referred me (yay!) at application stage, your golden handshake could be half of my ~£4k 'facefinder bounty' for 'convincing you to join'!

edit: 6AM!?!?! wtf am i still doing awake!??!...too CoD multiplayer and beer. Sad lonely life i lead...
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply. I asked about the salaries in the different divisions to get an idea of what the corresponding salary I could earn if I were to move to London. This is because I currently work in the equivalent of middle markets advisory division in a big 4 firm, and I know that our pay is the same as that of the audit division. However, a large amount of the work we do is tax, so it would not be too difficult to be transferred there either.
Reply 3
The main difference (obviously) would be the size of the clients between m-m and 'london'. Seconded KPMGers from overseas sometimes find themselves 'acting' a rank lower (ie smgr down to mgr) as incharging a small firm is nothing like doing the Omnicom group...for example. Not sure how that would affect recently qualified peeps though (probably not at all), but worth noting purely due to the nature of the work - i'd imagine it's more fulfilling to cover a whole small company than a bit of a big one.

Ring em and ask around...and dont tak anything i've said as 'it' - i've only been in for 5 months and counting the days until i leave audit for CF!

Latest

Trending

Trending