The Student Room Group

EY Apprenticeship Salary

Hey,
I was wondering if anyone had any idea about the salary for EY assurance apprentcies over the 5 years. Tried the EY careers website but they don't give a rough figure, just that the salary will be reviewed and increase.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ZainZakariyya
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone had any idea about the salary for EY assurance apprentcies over the 5 years. Tried the EY careers website but they don't give a rough figure, just that the salary will be reviewed and increase.

Hey did you manage to find out anything about this?
Original post by ollielee
Hey did you manage to find out anything about this

I did find the following in answer to another post with the same question. Haven't verified it but this was written...

"Yr2 - 23-28
Yr3 - 24-30
Yr4 - 34-37
Yr5 - 45-50

In year 2 and 3 I’m not sure how fast it steps up but typically B4 pay apprentices first year grad salary in their second year and then on same salary track as grads. I’d expect upper end of those ranges for years 2 and 3 on this basis."
Reply 3
I did find the following in answer to another post with the same question. Haven't verified it but this was written...

"Yr2 - 23-28
Yr3 - 24-30
Yr4 - 34-37
Yr5 - 45-50

In year 2 and 3 I’m not sure how fast it steps up but typically B4 pay apprentices first year grad salary in their second year and then on same salary track as grads. I’d expect upper end of those ranges for years 2 and 3 on this basis."

Yeah I found that too but since my starting salary is quoted as ~18k I’m thinking either these figures are based on London salaries or just not realistic at all.

"Yr2 - 23-28
Yr3 - 24-30
Yr4 - 34-37
Yr5 - 45-50

those salaries are far from true, you match the grad salary on your 3rd year, and you definitely don't qualify on 50k
Reply 5
Original post by Gent2324
those salaries are far from true, you match the grad salary on your 3rd year, and you definitely don't qualify on 50k

That’s my thinking too. My guess is the grad salary is circa the 21k mark but obviously dependent on location and service line. Any idea of how bonuses work? Are only qualified staff eligible?
That’s my thinking too. My guess is the grad salary is circa the 21k mark but obviously dependent on location and service line. Any idea of how bonuses work? Are only qualified staff eligible?

apprentices dont get bonuses as far as im aware, and for qualified staff it depends on the department
Reply 7
apprentices dont get bonuses as far as im aware, and for qualified staff it depends on the department

Hey - I’ve just looked over my offer again and apparently I am eligible as an apprentice. Who’d have thought it 😁
Hey - I’ve just looked over my offer again and apparently I am eligible as an apprentice. Who’d have thought it 😁

Eligible for bonuses ? That doesn’t mean the apprentices actually get them it’s just for the contract
Reply 9
Eligible for bonuses ? That doesn’t mean the apprentices actually get them it’s just for the contract

Seems like a very bizarre thing to add to a contract if you’re not eligible but I guess there’s only one way to find out
Seems like a very bizarre thing to add to a contract if you’re not eligible but I guess there’s only one way to find out

it also says on your contract that they can move you to a different department depending on business needs, but that doesn't really happen.

what department is it for?
it also says on your contract that they can move you to a different department depending on business needs, but that doesn't really happen.

what department is it for?

Data Analytics within Assurance
Data Analytics within Assurance

hmm, unsure of that one. i will say though, I've never heard of any apprentice get a bonus thats not listed on the job description

Interesting... a friend of my mine works at KPMG on the 360 apprenticeship (although mainly in audit) and they do receive bonuses there.
Also, anybody come across any verified and accurate info on the salary?
Interesting... a friend of my mine works at KPMG on the 360 apprenticeship (although mainly in audit) and they do receive bonuses there.

really? i had an offer from there, didnt hear anything about bonuses, what do they get bonuses for? is it for the exam passes?
Also, anybody come across any verified and accurate info on the salary?

For some context, my offer as a Digital apprentice in Southampton (EY) was £18.4k starting. I heard from one second year in that office that for them it went up to about £22k in year 2. London would obviously be a bit more than that.
For some context, my offer as a Digital apprentice in Southampton (EY) was £18.4k starting. I heard from one second year in that office that for them it went up to about £22k in year 2. London would obviously be a bit more than that.

Any updates on the salary progression? and how is the apprenticeship in general?
Original post by I Patel
Any updates on the salary progression? and how is the apprenticeship in general?

I'm afraid I can't help with that as I didn't take the offer in the end, sorry!
Reply 19
I'm afraid I can't help with that as I didn't take the offer in the end, sorry!

What did you do instead?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending