The Student Room Group

A- Level HELP ME

HI

I was wondering do I have a high chance of acceptance into accountancy, economics or acturial science courses at leading universities with these A Level options;

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Economics

Your Assistance is greatly appreciated
Those subjects are ok but you should consider taking further maths if you want to get into the very best unis.
Reply 2
Original post by Sternumator
Those subjects are ok but you should consider taking further maths if you want to get into the very best unis.

In your opinion would you say

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths

a better option?
Reply 3
Original post by wagw
HI

I was wondering do I have a high chance of acceptance into accountancy, economics or acturial science courses at leading universities with these A Level options;

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Economics

Your Assistance is greatly appreciated

Those subjects are fine but as someone said I wud do further maths aswell if I were you to get into the very best uni's. Also try an get work experience/intern over summer or other holidays.
Reply 4
Assalamu'alaikum n Hi

First of all im sorry for being lazy to open my notes or googling it cos i feel boring... sorry.. I like here more cos it is fun having ans from u guys =)

batch culture and continuous culture, hmm. what's the difference...?? thanks (Biology A2-level)
Original post by wagw
In your opinion would you say

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths

a better option?

It depends on the subject you actually want to do. For accountancy those subjects are marginally better but for economics they are probably worse. For top 5 unis for economics you really need to take fm and econ. But you are taking good subjects so you should pick the subjects you think you will do best in because in comparison to grades, subject choice is pretty insignificant.

Quick Reply

Latest