Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cloud Dancer
I did too! Did you both get interviews?

I got one :smile: 5th Dec

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
I got one :smile: 5th Dec

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats! :biggrin: so Peterhouse has 3 interview dates? do you know how many people they interview? how are you preparing..?
congrats! :biggrin: so Peterhouse has 3 interview dates? do you know how many people they interview? how are you preparing..?

Thanks :smile: Oh and, my bad, 4th, I'm not coming home until the 5th though, nice 3 days off college :biggrin: think it is just the 2 dates, don't know how many they interview though, so far my only prep has been a2 revision which I was about to start anyway, and watching the video they linked me to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks :smile: Oh and, my bad, 4th, I'm not coming home until the 5th though, nice 3 days off college :biggrin: think it is just the 2 dates, don't know how many they interview though, so far my only prep has been a2 revision which I was about to start anyway, and watching the video they linked me to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you receive another confirmation email saying they received the interview slip?
Did you receive another confirmation email saying they received the interview slip?

No, but they said on that blog thing that you should just presume that it's all fine if you don't hear anything so I'm hoping all is okay
No, but they said on that blog thing that you should just presume that it's all fine if you don't hear anything so I'm hoping all is okay

oh good :smile: are you coming from far? how come you're staying for 3 days? :O
oh good :smile: are you coming from far? how come you're staying for 3 days? :O

I live near York, simply, because I don't have college on Wednesdays and I have a friend there who I never get to see :smile: they're providing a sleepy place on the Monday night so I only needed to fund one night :smile: (that and I don't want to be starting a 3 hour train journey in the dark and having to change at stations I don't know!)
Reply 187
Original post by Sazam
I GOT AN INTERVIEW AT CAMBRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THE 10th!!! OMG OMG OMG

SNAP :biggrin:
Reply 188
Just received my rejection feedback.

Apart from saying that my IB predictions were exceptional, it basically said that my BMAT score was the key factor in not inviting me for an interview.

However I did not like the part where they said that they find people who score good on BMAT to be able to handle the Medicine course at Cambridge, basically saying that I wasn't suitable for the course, as I had bad BMAT.

Overall, they were nice. Oh well, it was a nice experience to apply for Cambridge, and good luck for everyone with interviews!
Original post by jinye
Just received my rejection feedback.

Apart from saying that my IB predictions were exceptional, it basically said that my BMAT score was the key factor in not inviting me for an interview.

However I did not like the part where they said that they find people who score good on BMAT to be able to handle the Medicine course at Cambridge, basically saying that I wasn't suitable for the course, as I had bad BMAT.

Overall, they were nice. Oh well, it was a nice experience to apply for Cambridge, and good luck for everyone with interviews!

Just had my interview at Trinity but I think I only just got an interview as my BMAT score was only just above average.. just wondering what BMAT score did you get?
Original post by Rockthelespaul
Just had my interview at Trinity but I think I only just got an interview as my BMAT score was only just above average.. just wondering what BMAT score did you get?

Hey, how did your interview go? Did they ask you any chemistry or maths questions?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
It went okay thanks, better than I expected. Sorry about the late reply, have you already had your interview?
Reply 192
I had my interview on the 10th, I guess all interviews are over now right? It was such a difficult interview, they did a bit of tunneling too which kept me on my toes. I really can't say how it went because I don't know how well other people did with questions! My first e interview wasn't great and I just freaked and had about 10 min to compose by which time I was just like yolo LOL. I just really hope I get a place bec I got my second rejection today :frown:
Original post by Sazam
I had my interview on the 10th, I guess all interviews are over now right? It was such a difficult interview, they did a bit of tunneling too which kept me on my toes. I really can't say how it went because I don't know how well other people did with questions! My first e interview wasn't great and I just freaked and had about 10 min to compose by which time I was just like yolo LOL. I just really hope I get a place bec I got my second rejection today :frown:

I'm sure you did fine, my interview was surprisingly friendly.. I think they'd already made their minds up about rejecting me before I entered so they just couldn't be bothered! haha
Reply 194
I'm sure you did fine, my interview was surprisingly friendly.. I think they'd already made their minds up about rejecting me before I entered so they just couldn't be bothered! haha

Lol, why do you think you'll be rejected?:confused:
Reply 195
Original post by Sazam

I guess it's safer to assume that you'll be rejected than the opposite. You know what they say about high hopes..

Yeh I already had mine. They were really tough, as Sazam said I can't really tell how I did but I definitely struggled! I wasn't expecting chemistry questions but got asked quite a lot of them which sucked. Good luck to everyone!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Sazam

Well it's a bit of a gamble if you get in or not to be honest, and also I think my BMAT might be too low (5.3, 5.6, 3.5A)
Reply 198
Well it's a bit of a gamble if you get in or not to be honest, and also I think my BMAT might be too low (5.3, 5.6, 3.5A)

I think BMAT is used as a critera for selection for interview, and after that the selection for the course is based on the interview. On the open day, they said that was the most important thing...

The suspense :cry:
Original post by Sazam
I think BMAT is used as a critera for selection for interview, and after that the selection for the course is based on the interview. On the open day, they said that was the most important thing...

The suspense :cry:

Which college was this? And were they talking about medicine specifically?

(I find things like that interesting, since info on weightings of various factors is pretty scarce in general.)

[Although, in general, they certainly do use more factors than just the interview to decide on the final decisions.]

Latest

Trending

Trending