The Student Room Group

Essex girl goes to Wolverhampton

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jendra9311
actually you do. it says so on the certificate the NHS sent me, and when i showed it to the opticians they didnt charge me.

you have to fit into a certain income bracket though, but being a student i basically have no income lol :biggrin:

Have visited places in wolverhampton, West park?
Reply 81
actually you do. it says so on the certificate the NHS sent me, and when i showed it to the opticians they didnt charge me.

you have to fit into a certain income bracket though, but being a student i basically have no income lol :biggrin:

Really? I'm a college student and they said no :frown:
I'll have to question that next time I go for an eye test.
Reply 82
Original post by Jodianne

I dont know all the rules, so dont quote me
It's age based, and income based, and what-level-of-education-you-are-at based
And if you're an international student a whole different set of rules applies

and I had to fill in a form first, HC2 or something official
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 83
I actually have nothing i want to eat, and i have no money this week to get anything else. My choice this evening, and all weekend, is toast, instant noodles, instant risotto, or chesse sarnie. This is the exact same choice ive had all week, except for when I had milk, because then I could have porridge. I suppose I could have porridge made with water. *sigh*
Reply 84

If your living at home it goes on your parents income, its only if your in halls and having to pay your own rent e.c.t that you can get it free/discounted-
Reply 86
Original post by jelly1000
If your living at home it goes on your parents income, its only if your in halls and having to pay your own rent e.c.t that you can get it free/discounted-

But I don't live at home, I live on my own.
But I don't live at home, I live on my own.

in that case as long as your income is less than £53.45 (the ammount the government says you need to live on) plus the cost of your rent then you should be entitled, so id give them a ring
Reply 88
so.... its five.thirty am and i havnt slept yet. turns out tea DOES have caffene in after all.

i mean, i always knew it did, but i thought that it was so little compared to coffee and fizzy drinks and energy drinks that it didnt affect your body, but i suppose if you never drink coffe or energy drinks and only drink fizzy drinks in the form of mixers then your body might not be entirely used to caffeine.

i turned off my computer two hours ago and lay down in the dark. couldnt sleep. much longer and ill just give up, maybe make more tea to get me through the day since it seems to work so well at keeping me awake, and actually get some work done. or at least tidy my room, inspections are next week.
Reply 89
Lol, I'm going to tell you a secret:

Spoiler

Shhhh don't tell anyone. :ninja: :wink:
Reply 90
danced with a cute guy tuesday night at walkabout
he was intrested enough to leave his number, but it was a digit short, so i cant contact him

it didnt go any further than dancing, but untill tuesday i could count the number of times i had danced with a cute guy on the thumbs of one foot, so even before i got his number i had a HUGE confidence boost

its a shame i cant get in touch but maybe he'll be there next time, or someone else will be
danced with a cute guy tuesday night at walkabout
he was intrested enough to leave his number, but it was a digit short, so i cant contact him

it didnt go any further than dancing, but untill tuesday i could count the number of times i had danced with a cute guy on the thumbs of one foot, so even before i got his number i had a HUGE confidence boost

its a shame i cant get in touch but maybe he'll be there next time, or someone else will be

Classic manoeuvre.
Reply 92
Original post by Helpful_Charlie
Classic manoeuvre.

you're probably right
Reply 93
pulled! properly this time. I got his number, hes got mine, he's already texted me once... plus a good old fashioned make out session in the club :colone:

so is that 'confidence being sexy' thing true then cause ever since that guy I mentioned above my confidence has been pretty good and whenever ive gone out this week it seems like every guy i look at wants a dance.

admittedly, that black dress that does intresting things to my chest proberly helps, but ive worn that out before...

well, whatever, had a good time last night :biggrin: :biggrin:

before i forget, a sidenote; this seems to be about the time we all discover what really irritates us about our flatmates. not the big things, like loud music at all hours, but the little things. like not emptying the bin in the kitchen. etc.
Reply 94
This thread has kept me laughing, its good! Keep it up!
Reply 95
Haha, quality. I'm from Essex too and have applied to Wolverhampton - not sure what to firm yet but this thread is making me giggle.
Reply 96
:smile:
Reply 97
last night i proved beyond all doubt that i get drunk a hell of a lot quicker and to a higher degree on cheap wine than on mixers. as ive said before, im a lightweight, i drank a double malibu and coke and then i drank 3 of those mini bottles of wine you get, which are currently 3 for £4 at ASDA.

So I predrank a little too effectively and generally made a fool of myself, hanging on to my friends arm as we went to Babylon. The bouncers wouldnt let me in ( which, with hindsight, was just as well, if i had thrown up in there they would have banned me. i havnt seen babylon yet thought :/ ) then i wandered around town alone with no idea where i was until i got close enough to accomadation fo a flatmate to collect me. i didnt recognise him but i went with him anyway and in the end i was throwing up in my room with two of my flatmates doing thier best to look after me.

you can imagine how i felt this morning.

this was the first time ive ever been sick because of alcohol or had serious gaps in my memory of what happened.
Lol brilliant!
Reply 99
Haha. Sounds like a good night to me! Many more of them nights to come, believe me :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending