The Student Room Group

Difficulty finding work experience - physio

I am considering a 2012 application to do physiotherapy and I am trying to arrange some work experience but I am finding this a bit difficult, since most places I contact do not reply. I have also tried aquaintances who are physios but this hasn't worked out either. I think/hope I have arranged a place on a taster day in a hospital physio department but that hasn't been confirmed yet. I am not sure just one day will be enough so I continue to send out my CV and get in contact with other potential places. Am I missing something? Is there something else I should be doing? I am older and working full time so it is hard for me to do volunteering in a hospital just for that type of experience.

Thanks!
Original post by lemonjaffacake
I am considering a 2012 application to do physiotherapy and I am trying to arrange some work experience but I am finding this a bit difficult, since most places I contact do not reply. I have also tried aquaintances who are physios but this hasn't worked out either. I think/hope I have arranged a place on a taster day in a hospital physio department but that hasn't been confirmed yet. I am not sure just one day will be enough so I continue to send out my CV and get in contact with other potential places. Am I missing something? Is there something else I should be doing? I am older and working full time so it is hard for me to do volunteering in a hospital just for that type of experience.

Thanks!

The universities understand how hard it is to get specific allied health work experience, as most places are reserved for current students of the subject. If you can't find anything, then get work experience with your potential client groups, such as stroke patients at a stroke club etc., as this will show you have done research into what sort of patients you will see.
Reply 2
Thank you, that's a good idea. Although I have tried contacting a few charities - e.g. for neurorehabilitation - but no luck so far. I am also finding that I don't qualify for most of the hospital work experience programs because I am not a school leaver. If I end up unemployed after my contract runs out next year then I may have plenty of time on my hands to volunteer :eek: .
Reply 3
Search this site for work experience and physio. There are 101 threads about this that you could read for inspiration.

Quick Reply

Latest