The Student Room Group

The' leggings gone wrong' strikes again

I have nothing against leggings, I love my leggings but I would never wear them without a skirt or dress. Yesterday I was waiting for a bus with a group teenage girls one was wearing leggings with a long top but one was wearing tights (complete with VPL) and just a jumper. Now correct me if I'm wrong but are tights not underwear? I can understand how some people make this mistake with leggings but not so with tights. They weren't even nice tights they were a tan coloured cable knit and not even able to be mistaken for leggings. Anyone else seen this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've seen a few girls in just tights and a short top. It looks awful.
Reply 2
Yeah, and I think it depends on 2 things: The length of the jumper and the legs.

I'm not being a looks fascist on this one, really! It's just that if the legs are long and slim, and the jumper falls to mid thigh then it's fine. It's when the jumper is short and/or the legs are chunky.

It's weird though...don't they get cold?

But then I wear leggings all the time, without a skirt/dress...just a longish top or hoody. SO COMFY!
Stupid. Even leggings aren't enough to cover your arse. They should be worn under a skirt or long top (long enough to actually cover up though). Along with ugg boots, leggings are one of my most hated clothing trends.
I've seen people with skin coloured see through thin tights with white knickers underneath and a short top...seriously have I missed something? It just looks like you were in a rush and forgot your skirt. :K:
Reply 5
Oh man I hate this.
If leggings are black, super thick and your top at least covers your arse and façade then MAYBE.
Otherwise, I (and others) shall place you under citizen's arrest for public indecency.
Loads of girls hating because they don't' feel confident enough to do it themselves because they feel inferior in terms of not having as nice an as as the girl who can pull it off. Doesn't surprise me, learnt this in Psychology, just evidence that it actually does happen right here.
Reply 7
I always wear leggings with cropped tops or hoodies but I make sure they're not see through. I've NEVER seen anyone just wearing tights though, that's just wrong.
Reply 8
It really is quite shocking how some people can't dress properly.
Reply 9
I really want to scream at them.... I always wear a long top with leggings.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
Loads of girls hating because they don't' feel confident enough to do it themselves because they feel inferior in terms of not having as nice an as as the girl who can pull it off. Doesn't surprise me, learnt this in Psychology, just evidence that it actually does happen right here.

You're right. I am so jealous.

...what kind of psychology class is that?
Reply 12
Original post by Philbert

You're right. I am so jealous.

Have no rep left other wise you'd have got some :thumbsup:

Actually, now that my rep has been restored...you have recieved your well deserved rep! :grin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13

Ridiculous statement. You can have the ultimate, 'perfect' physique, but be content with being modest and being appropriately clothed.

Plus majority of the time, the girls who wear leggings/tights without a long top/dress, don't have very nice arses, or legs for that matter.

:rolleyes:
Reply 14
A girl on the bus today had just tights on with a short jumper. She didn't exactly have a good figure either :nooo:

Surely it takes a lot more confidence to wear a skirt with tights and look good, than it does to stick on a £2 pair of Primark black leggings, no? As a guy, trust me when I say that those things to not make your ass look good.
Reply 16

I'll bet a lot of the girls on TSR could easily pull it off, actually. They just probably have some self-respect and a better fashion sense.
Far too often I've seen this.
Original post by lukas1051
Surely it takes a lot more confidence to wear a skirt with tights and look good, than it does to stick on a £2 pair of Primark black leggings, no? As a guy, trust me when I say that those things to not make your ass look good.

Not really, it's the same with boobs, when girls aren't happy with them they don't flaunt them, even if you're a guy in a relationshiop with a girl who doesn't like her boobs, she will STILL be very reluctant to show you......
Reply 19
There was a girl at work who'd do this, and you could see her panties through her tights EVERY TIME. It's so wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest