The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by Mulberries
Interview with my dream American firm!! overwhelmed..

This definitely makes up for recent PFOs.

Congrats! Able/willing to share which one?
Original post by sleekchic
I have removed those that aren't in London (obviously the issue of location might be different for others), but that's what I'm left with.

I remember when Laytons used to have an office here.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?num=100&hl=en&biw=1600&bih=781&q=18,+Lancaster+Road,+Knott+End+On+Sea&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x487b5da53305d519:0x59d461f9d6e50262,18+Lancaster+Rd,+Knott+End-on-Sea,+Poulton-le-Fylde+FY6+0AR&gl=uk&sa=X&ei=28EiUIKnK-e50QXq6oHIDQ&ved=0CAkQ8gEwAA
Original post by Smashedin
That's the sound of 20 odd law students rushing to fill in an application form.

It all depends how odd they are!
Ooooh, Vinsons and Elkins may as well receive an app. Cheers for the heads up!
Does anyone know of any firms in Birmingham/West Midlands who's deadlines haven't passed?

Original post by flaresamc
Does anyone know of any firms in Birmingham/West Midlands who's deadlines haven't passed?

One of the skills of a lawyer is the ability to do research. :tongue:

However, here is one. 260 to 1 chance

http://www.lblaw.co.uk/en/Careers/Training%20Contracts.aspx
Reply 1786
Original post by DavidHume
Anyone had an interview or having an interview with DLA Piper before 21st or Pinsents before the 16th? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had an interview at DLA manchester last year and 2 friends who have TCs in the Leeds office. The interview was really informal, like a chat rather than question answer, standard questions why law, why dla, team working but also why the city you applied to (both people I know who got tcs are from Leeds) so I can't help thinking that question is important, also who do you see as our competitors. The really take the lead from you, asking questions like what was your favourite module and why. Tell me about X (for me it was my volunteer work)
Hope that helps!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1787
Hahaa I saw this list today too!

I am Jumping on it! Each time I get a PFO I realise that all I want to be is a Lawyer!
Reply 1788
Original post by gimmedrmartens
i haven't either!
I heard back from Eversheds last week saying I've got a telephone interview... Anyone else the same?
Original post by nulli tertius

Maths is evidently not one of the skills required of a lawyer. 260:2 or 130:1 :smile:

Sorry for being pedantic, I'm so bored of refreshing my inbox today. Maybe I should go on holiday for a few days, I don't have any *major* work to do.
Original post by Tom_Hagen
Maths is evidently not one of the skills required of a lawyer. 260:2 or 130:1 :smile:

Sorry for being pedantic, I'm so bored of refreshing my inbox today. Maybe I should go on holiday for a few days, I don't have any *major* work to do.

I didn't read that properly, did I?
Interested bystander here.

These firms all have closing dates this month for 2014 training contracts. Anyone applying to any of them?

I should add that I only know anything about half of them. The others mean nothing to me.

Capsticks Solicitors LLP (2014)
Clarkson Wright & Jakes Ltd (2014)
Higgs & Sons (2014)
Mundays LLP (2014)
Owen White (2014)
Cartmell Shepherd (2014)
Druces LLP (2014)
EMW Law LLP (2014)
George Green LLP (2014)
Hewitsons LLP (2014)
Langleys (2014)
Laytons (2014)
Reynolds Parry Jones LLP (2014)
Samuel Phillips Law Firm (2014)
Sharpe Pritchard (2014)
Stamp Jackson & Procter (2014)
Taylor Vinters (2014)
Vinson & Elkins RLLP (2014)

Any tips for Higgs & Sons? I like the look of the firm... might send in an application. I also like the idea of picking an area to qualify into and having the chance to a 'double seat'.

Original post by anthonymous
Do any of them sponsor the LPC? That's the crux.

Don't know, but there plenty on here willing to self-fund without training contracts. Moreover, if there ever is a reason to go into debt or to have family go into debt to pay for the LPC, it is surely with an unfunded training contract offer.

I agree 100% with NT's answer. I'd gladly self fund an LPC with the guarantee of a training contract immediately after. It would obviously depend on the firm etc. as well because TC or no TC, I'd want to work somewhere for 2 years where I am going to enjoy it. But if they don't fund, it won't be a biggie for me.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any I had missed despite my own obsessive searching :P

And I'm currently on work placement with a partner at that firm, but thank you :smile:
I didn't read that properly, did I?

The firm's site says they had over 260 applications. They hire two trainees every cycle though, not one :tongue:

It all seems eerily quiet at my end... the pessimist in me thinks that means a flood of PFOs sooner or later. There is no optimist in me right now.
Interested bystander here.

These firms all have closing dates this month for 2014 training contracts. Anyone applying to any of them?

I should add that I only know anything about half of them. The others mean nothing to me.

Capsticks Solicitors LLP (2014)
Higgs & Sons (2014)
Hewitsons LLP (2014)

That's my contribution. Why do you ask? :holmes:
Original post by midlandsman
0.77% chance of getting in. And that's assuming that none of the applicants have any 'connections' with the firm. G-R-I-M.

Going to be seriously sucking up to the partner I'm on work placement with for that very reason xD Luckily I vaguely know him through my fiancé's family.

It isn't the area I want to qualify in that I'm experiencing though :/ So it may not help too much.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by flaresamc
Going to be seriously sucking up the the partner I'm on work placement with for that very reason xD Luckily I vaguely know him through my fiancé's family.

It isn't the area I want to qualify in that I'm experiencing though :/ So it may not help too much.

ahem :mmm:
-blushes- Typo!
PFO from AG. Not to mention I got PFO'd from JP Morgan and LSE respectively as well, horrible day :frown:
Reply 1799
Original post by NikeSampras
PFO from AG. Not to mention I got PFO'd from JP Morgan and LSE respectively as well, horrible day :frown:

I had a triple rejection day earlier this year. It really sucks. Just look forward to your other apps.

You didn't apply for tc's at JPM and LSE, did you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending