The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by martin jol
congrats!! i got similar (a little worse i think) results, i'd be so stoked to get an offer to stirling for that same course!

Best of luck! :biggrin:
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Where are you from? Wirral, Merseyside
What are you thinking of applying for? Film and Media and Journalism Studies
What grades do you need? BBC
What grades do you have? ABB at AS, predicted AAA as both of my B grades were a a percent away from being an A >.<

I was originally going to study English with Film and Media but the English side is too in favour of the literature side!

But Stirling made me a conditional about a week ago and even let me change to the current course, absolutely thrilled to be going!
Original post by Kost_119
yeah right here ! Still havent heard back from them. I am an I.B student , predicted with 34, they ask for 32 . What about you? What did you have and what did they ask you?

A-level student : predicted ABB in Maths, History and Business
Offer : BBC :smile:

is Stirling your first choice?
Reply 363
Original post by martin jol
congrats!! i got similar (a little worse i think) results, i'd be so stoked to get an offer to stirling for that same course!

Similar results at AS? :biggrin:

Best of luck!!
Original post by Kaytee
Similar results at AS? :biggrin:

Best of luck!!

nah in the hsc, the australian a-levels and thanks so much i'm gonna need all that luck cause i bombed my hsc soo bad :biggrin:
Reply 365
anyone going to the open day on the 17th March :smile:
Reply 366
Original post by malkodebeaumont
A-level student : predicted ABB in Maths, History and Business
Offer : BBC :smile:

is Stirling your first choice?

I really dont know. I am really confused between which one is better for Economics (L100)

Stirling? Its a considerably new university
Heriot-Watt? I've heard its great for Economics + its in Edinburgh
Aberdeen? Its so old and i've heard it has great exchange programs (Got an offer there)
The others are Dundee and Edinburgh
For dundee i am not really sure its worth going even if i get an offer because i am not sure if its good for My course, Economics
As far as Edinburgh is concerned i am optimistic but i really dont expect an offer from there to be honest lol.

Btw when did you get your offer and when did you apply?
Reply 367
I've applied for Stirling to do English and Secondary Education joint honours. It is my first-choice University so I am desperate to hear back from them! I got AACCC last year. I've already received a rejection from St Andrews for English, however, Aberdeen have offered me a condition of B at Advanced Higher English and AB at two Highers, so I am hoping Stirling offer something similar.
Original post by Kost_119
I really dont know. I am really confused between which one is better for Economics (L100)

Stirling? Its a considerably new university
Heriot-Watt? I've heard its great for Economics + its in Edinburgh
Aberdeen? Its so old and i've heard it has great exchange programs (Got an offer there)
The others are Dundee and Edinburgh
For dundee i am not really sure its worth going even if i get an offer because i am not sure if its good for My course, Economics
As far as Edinburgh is concerned i am optimistic but i really dont expect an offer from there to be honest lol.

Btw when did you get your offer and when did you apply?

Stirling - lovely campus, big on rugby! ( offer BBC )
Heriot-Watt - 3rd/4th in the Guardian rankings for economics ( offer BBB )
Edinburgh - 20th in the world overall, awesome reputation ( no offer yet :/ )

i applied at the beginning of November and I received my offer a few weeks ago!
When did you apply?
Reply 369
Original post by malkodebeaumont
Stirling - lovely campus, big on rugby! ( offer BBC )
Heriot-Watt - 3rd/4th in the Guardian rankings for economics ( offer BBB )
Edinburgh - 20th in the world overall, awesome reputation ( no offer yet :/ )

i applied at the beginning of November and I received my offer a few weeks ago!
When did you apply?

around 13th of December if i remember correctly :s-smilie:

I'm so nervous!

But i dont really trust those rankings. For example i also saw that on the guardian for Heriot-Watt like 6 months ago and i was like "What??" Could this be really true? is it so good for economics?

Btw maybe it has to do with me doing the I.B? Maybe they consider those from the I.B later than the ones doing A-levels? LEts hope so^^ No news = good news? xD
(edited 12 years ago)
Still havent heard anything back from Stirling about an interview, pretty much given up hope on it now unfortunatly, having heard from so many others that they have offers of an interview
Reply 371
Original post by Scottish :)
Still havent heard anything back from Stirling about an interview, pretty much given up hope on it now unfortunatly, having heard from so many others that they have offers of an interview

neither have i pal. i think they can take a while depending on when you applied.
Has anyone recieved an offer for Enviromental Geography yet? I have AAAC at my highers and I'm doing a another 3 highers this year so I'm hoping I should atleast get a coditional?
Reply 373
anyone applied for psychology & french?? :smile:
Reply 374
is anyone going to the information evening for stirling in london ?
Reply 375
Original post by KatyMx
anyone applied for psychology &amp; french?? :smile:

I've applied to Stirling for French, and French and Religion :smile: - heard nothing yet :frown:
Have you heard from any yet?? x
Reply 376
Original post by mrcon
is anyone going to the information evening for stirling in london ?

Yes! I am... but it's on my birthday!! :frown:
What have you applied for??
Reply 377
Where are you from? ayrshire
What are you thinking of applying for? psychology
What grades do you need? BBBB
What grades do you have? BC predicted AABB, heard nothing yet from stirling:frown:
Where are you from: West Lothian
What are you thinking of applying for?: History with professional education
What grades do you need: (Waiting on a condition if I get my conditional)
What grades do you have?: Highers AABBB and currently doing an HNC

Anyone with experience want to hazard a guess at any potential conditions?
Reply 379
Has anyone got an offer for History, English and Professional Education?

I am getting nervous. Stirling is my first choice.

Quick Reply

Latest