The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling applicants 2012?

Are any of you thinking of applying for The University of Stirling for 2012?
If so:

Where are you from?
What are you thinking of applying for?
What grades do you need?
What grades do you have?

Or just give me general Stirling chatter :smile:

I've been reading through the Stirling applicants 2011 forum (yes, all 84 pages!) and I'd like the same this year as I apply!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by kaaaaayleigh

I've been reading through the Stirling applicants 2011 forum (yes, all 84 pages!) and I'd like the same this year as I apply!

See what I can do :tongue:

Where are you from? Aberdeenshire
What are you thinking of applying for? PE Teaching
What grades do you need? I'm hoping just my HNC, maybe a B as well
What grades do you have? ABCC at Higher, doing a HND and 2 Highers this year.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Where are you from? Edinburgh
What are you thinking of applying for? History
What grades do you need? BBBB
What grades do you have? ABC :/...Have been told I should get a conditional which I should be able to make though. Just need to work harder this year :P
Reply 3
Where are you from? Cyprus
What are you thinking of applying for?Modern Languages
What grades do you need?BBC
What grades do you have? ABC at AS
meeee!!!!

Where are you from? Glasgow
What are you thinking of applying for? Social Work
What grades do you need? HNC (A or B)
What grades do you have? A few standard grades from about 10 years ago :frown:

Is anyone going to the open day on Saturday?

LMx
Reply 5
I went to Stirling 2005-2009 ...all I can say is I loved it personally.

I'm playing going back in 2012 to study TQFE.
Reply 6
Where are you from? Glasgow
What are you thinking of applying for? History
What grades do you have? AAB

UPDATE - I got a conditional in March but eventually declined.
(edited 11 years ago)
Where are you from? Strathaven
What are you thinking of applying for? Computer Science & Business Studies with Education
What grades do you need? B HNC Computing & B Higher English
What grades do you have? Standard Grades, Intermediate 2s & NC Shipping & Maritime Operations
Reply 8
Where are you from: Aberdeenshire
What are you thinking of applying for? Business studies
What grades do you have? ABBBC

Did anyone else go to the open day on saturday? What did you think?
Original post by Alt__x
Did anyone else go to the open day on saturday? What did you think?

meee!!! I think the campus is beautiful and everything you need is right there. The staff seemed pretty friendly and the day was really well organised. I was a bit (ok a really big bit!) disappointed with the accommodation. I know student halls are not 5* or anything but I was expecting something a bit more homely I guess. I'm not letting that put me off though & I'll definately be applying there!

LMx
Reply 10
Where are you from? Lanarkshire
What are you thinking of applying for? Mathematics and Education (Secondary)
What grades do you have? ABC .. hopefully I'll find out tomorrow that C got changed with an appeal lol :/

I went to the open day, really liked the campus, loved the loch in the middle.. be strange living so far out but I wouldn't want to go and not have the full University experience!
Reply 11
Original post by Alt__x
Where are you from: Aberdeenshire

:ditto:

Spoiler

Reply 12
Original post by Danny.
:ditto:

Spoiler

Hello there fellow sheep shagger!! :biggrin:
Reply 13
I went to the open day on the 24th, I think I'm in love! :biggrin:

Where are you from? Perth
What are you thinking of applying for? Psychology
What grades do you have? ABBB (though I'm doing 2 more highers and one advanced at the moment!)
Reply 14
Where are you from? London
What are you thinking of applying for? History, possibly History and Philosophy or History and Politics
What grades do you need? BBC
What grades do you have? CCD at AS, spoken to my teachers, and although it's not official yet, it looks like I'm going to be predicted BBC
Reply 15
Guys, what's the night life like in Stirling? I know it's not the biggest city, but it's not dead is it?
Reply 16
Original post by kaaaaayleigh
Are any of you thinking of applying for The University of Stirling for 2012?
If so:

Where are you from?
What are you thinking of applying for?
What grades do you need?
What grades do you have?

Or just give me general Stirling chatter :smile:

Hey there :smile:

Where are you from? Lithuania, Alytus
What are you thinking of applying for? Sport and Exercise Science
What grades do you need? Don't really know :smile:
What grades do you have? Average of 9.1, 9.3 predicted this year.
I've literally just decided to apply to Stirling for their ITE course, professional education (secondary) combined with English. I'm from Dundee, went to Edinburgh Uni for a year, now at college in Glasgow studying an HNC in early years education. I'm so indecisive, but I'm pretty sure that I'm following the right path this time! :redface:

Need to get a start on my PS now that I've decided which course to apply for. I already have AAAB in my Highers, and hopefully I'll get an A or B for my graded unit and the HNC will boost my application.

Original post by Danny.
See what I can do :tongue:

Where are you from? Aberdeenshire
What are you thinking of applying for? PE Teaching
What grades do you need? I'm hoping just my HNC, maybe a B as well
What grades do you have? ABCC at Higher, doing a HND and 2 Highers this year.

Is that the secondary course as well, yeah? I didn't even know it existed, I was so happy when I found it! Dreaded the thought of doing a 4 year degree and then another year PGDE!
Original post by tufc
Guys, what's the night life like in Stirling? I know it's not the biggest city, but it's not dead is it?

Gonna be honest, if you're looking for a good nightlife, this isn't the place for you. There's only three clubs and none of them are particularly impressive. The pubs aren't bad though, I've heard. Though I've yet to explore them as I'm determined to find a good Irish pub.
Original post by tufc

It's not too bad, as HarveyCanis said there's a few clubs in town, one on campus, as well as an on campus pub and several in town (not to mention kitchen/hall parties). Not amazing, but decent for the size of the city I guess.

Original post by HarveyCanis
Gonna be honest, if you're looking for a good nightlife, this isn't the place for you. There's only three clubs and none of them are particularly impressive. The pubs aren't bad though, I've heard. Though I've yet to explore them as I'm determined to find a good Irish pub.

That might be true, but it also really depends on who you go with. If you're with friends, then you can have a pretty good time no matter where you go.

Oh, and to everyone applying this year, I wish you the very best of luck! I'm now a first year at Stirling, so if anyone has any questions I'll try my best to answer them :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest