The Time Traveler's Wife (Audrey Niffeneger) - Romance
Fire Bringer (David Clement-Davies) - Fantasy
The Divine Comedy (Dante Alighieri) - Poetry
To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee) - Classics
Poor Things (Alasdair Gray) - Classics
Lanark (Alasdair Gray) - Classics
Shade's Children (Garth Nix) - Dystopia
The Earthsea Quartet (Ursula Le Guin) - Fantasy

I think the little princess is the best book i've ever read.
My favorite book is: Looking for Alaska written by John Green Its soooo amazing definitely worth the read boys or girls i guarantee you will be brought to tears and made laugh

Ellie xx
The Pyramid - William Golding

Gifted & Talented - Wendy Holden

These are the 2 I've been reading pretty recently at my local library right now, both fairly engrossing :smile:
Day Vinci code? Or the mortal instruments. Absolutely amazing *-*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 4TSR
"The hundred year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared." 9/10 one of the best books I have ever read.

I love it too! :smile:

In addition:
The Elephant Keepers' Children by Peter Hoeg - I've read his books (The Woman and the Ape, The Quiet Girl) but this is my favourite.

And Jonas Gardell if he ever get translated into English. I think he deserves it. I absolutely adore Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar ("Never Dry Tears Without Gloves" or something like that). I've been reading it in Swedish even though my Swedish isn't perfect. It tells about the AIDS epidemic in Stockholm in 1980s and is based on the authors own experiences and is just about the saddest thing ever.

Getting all Scandinavian here, partly because I don't think many have suggested these before.
Just finished Kingdom Come! Atm I'm reading Emilie Autumn: The Asylum. It's amusingly self indulgent and reminiscent of my inner 17 year old misanthrope.

After this I'm going to read Haruki Murakami's 1q84, Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis and the Poe omnibus :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Phalanges
From even a cursory glance around the forum, it seems that we are awash with threads asking what everyones favourite book is or recommendations of what they should read. The problem with having lots of these threads is that they inevitably lead to a lot of repetition, and many people won't want to be constantly be posting in them to give advice. As such, I'm creating this thread to act as a repository for all the little threads around. You can browse it to see all the books recommended before, or make a post asking for recommendations and someone will be happy to provide some examples.

If you see any threads on this topic, please report them and I'll merge them with this.

Some recommendations from Ape Gone Insane:

Can I just say I miss Ape Gone Insane whether they are because they make legendary lists of ideas (also subbed to the film list)
Hi there, not spamming, i'm on the email list for these books and the author sent a newsletter asking us all to spread the word this weekend - www.thechroniclesofhope.com. I loved the first two in the series and the third, 2084, was out yesterday. They're about a visionary, humanitarian, working-class genius MP, so is the perfect time to get into them what with the dross modern politicians we have in our face now at election time. If you can share them on social media then it will help spread the word about an alternative politician this world sorely needs, a man called Frank Noon. Thanks
Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte) - Romance, Gothic horror
Calling all Wordery customers!

If you've ever shopped on Wordery.com then please get in touch with me, we have an exciting opportunity that you can get involved in. :smile:
Solomon Northrup's Twelve Years a Slave. My mum got it as a gift from a colleague and then she told me to read it. Haven't got around to it but...I will, most likely, soon.
hey everyone!
I review books for a bit of fun on the side but recently I've been looking for something to just enjoy.
unfortunately I'm really struggling to find something I actually want :frown:
I LOVE harry potter, tfios and the warriors series. they are probably my all time favourites along with the hunger games trilogy.
I want to find something I will be as emotionally invested in as these. any suggestions?

I have recently read me and earl and the dying girl and would recommend if anybody is interested!
The Alex rider and Roman mysteries series (Anthony Horowitz and Caroline Lawrence)
Either The Lord of the Flies by Goulding, Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury or Cloud Atlas by Mitchell- I love each of them, as they make me think as well as providing something I can emotionally invest myself into 😃
i think that the book thief by Markus Zusak is an amazing book
Mein Kampf
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern is an awesome read, currently reading The Reader, by Bernhard Schlink which is also very good!
I got them both on Wordery because of the free delivery and whatnot :biggrin:
Can anyone recommend me some good books that have good political context to them? Frankstein is one I've already got on my list.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grassntai
Can anyone recommend me some good books that have good political context to them? Frankstein is one I've already got on my list.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1984?
Original post by ShadowWarrior
i think that the book thief by Markus Zusak is an amazing book

Agreed. I read it three times in one week, it never got boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending