The Student Room Group

Fancy Dress - Questions, advice, cheap solutions, themes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by linkdapink
How short is your hair? Bob length? My friend went as Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction (Mia Wallace) - very easy costume but very effective. Short black bob, long white tshirt with a stab and blood wound around the heart, bloody nose and black leggings and a fake cigarette.

I'll find my photo from the 'post a photo of yourself' thread :smile:

Me - 01.10.12.JPG

Apologies for the slightly buck-toothed expression :tongue: (Damn overbite!)

I like that idea, I love Pulp Fiction! Sadly my hair's probably a bit too short and asymetric for that :frown:
Reply 581
Original post by barnetlad
My suggestion is that you don't take part in this American tradition.

Haha I'd look a bit of a spoil sport going to a halloween party not dressed up! Plus it's fun :tongue:
Reply 582
I'm going to a Halloween fancy dress party next Wednesday, but I have no idea what to wear. I don't want to spend much money as I'm at Uni so have very little money as it is and I dont want to waste that I do have on something I will wear once. So, I would rather "accessories" than spend money buying/renting an entire outfit. I would also like to still remain reasonably attractive to members of the opposite sex. :biggrin:

I'm a 6ft tall skinny blonde male. :smile:
Cheap jeans and t shirt from Primark, attack them with a pair of scissors, put them on and use fake blood around the rips to emulate wounds.
Original post by wastry
I'm going to a Halloween fancy dress party next Wednesday, but I have no idea what to wear. I don't want to spend much money as I'm at Uni so have very little money as it is and I dont want to waste that I do have on something I will wear once. So, I would rather "accessories" than spend money buying/renting an entire outfit. I would also like to still remain reasonably attractive to members of the opposite sex. :biggrin:

I'm a 6ft tall skinny blonde male. :smile:

The easiest halloween costume ever, make a Plumbob and go as a Sim!

Original post by parpirate
Cheap jeans and t shirt from Primark, attack them with a pair of scissors, put them on and use fake blood around the rips to emulate wounds.

I hate this. Too many people do it. It's the 'I haven't tried hard enough' costume

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jblackmoustache
I hate this. Too many people do it. It's the 'I haven't tried hard enough' costume

Posted from TSR Mobile

True but you're going to struggle for a good costume and spending little money.
My ideal costume would be to convince a group of friends to go as spiders and me go as the character from Temple Run. Girls love Temple Run.
Rambo is always a cheap one, cheap green t-shirt from Primark, red material from haberdashery shop (for a head band and wrist band) and then some black/green make-up (borrow some) for some mud on your cheeks, ect!
Ninjas are always cheap. Type T-shirt ninja into google. All you then need is a plastic sword and maybe some ninja acessories (to make yourself look like a ninja and not a terrorist)

Bedsheets + Eyeholes = ghost (classic)

You could be Ken from Street Fighter. All you need is a blonde wig (if you don't have long Blonde hair) and red karate gear

Wally (as in Where's Wally) All you need is red stripes tbh.

A Socuser - Liverpool T-Shirt/ bright tracksuit and a massive wig and tashe.

Jimmy Saville (if you're brave. I don't advise this if you're in Yorkshire)

Scorpion from Mortal Kombat
(edited 11 years ago)
It's classified OP. I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you :colonhash:
Reply 591
Original post by -aTOMic-
You're short, you have dark hair and you're slim.

Perfect.

lol, your idea is great, i love it....
Original post by Popppppy
The easiest halloween costume ever, make a Plumbob and go as a Sim!

This is actually brilliant! :rofl2:
go as a rag doll but i creepy one!!
There is always a cat as a back up! wear wet look leggings, a black top of your choice. Ears, tail and draw on your whiskers and nose!

Then if you like, add blood :tongue:
Reply 595
Jimmy savile

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 596
Original post by CharlotteJones1
go as a rag doll but i creepy one!!

I was thinking of that earlier, I'll have a look in charity shops for an old fashionedy dress and do my face really pale etc and then maybe put a bow in my hair or something since I can't pleat it :smile: Yay, creepy doll it is :tongue:

Original post by Bobilina
There is always a cat as a back up! wear wet look leggings, a black top of your choice. Ears, tail and draw on your whiskers and nose!

Then if you like, add blood :tongue:

Haha my back up was to wear my labcoat and go as a mad scientist but a cat would work too!

Original post by odkfn
Jimmy savile

No thanks :tongue: I bet there will be someone who thinks it'll be funny to go as him though!
Go as a creepy china doll?
Reply 598
Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
Go as a creepy china doll?

I think that's what i'll end up doing :smile: Just not sure what to do with my hair, dolls don't usually have short hair do they? I'm thinking maybe like a ribbon in it, but ripped or something?
I got a cross dress theme tomorrow as part of initiations for a society i'm in. Not particularly thrilled about the theme but hey-ho. Also i can't really afford it. What's the cheapest way i could get around this because i'm literally skint and obviously this would be used for one time thing so not something i would want to spash out on anyway. I'm male dressing up as a woman if you hadn't guessed.. Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest