The Student Room Group

English GCSE AQA

1) How does everyone revise for Macbeth, An Inspector calls and A Christmas Carol besides remembering quotes for literature?
2) In Language Paper 1 Question 5, are you guys going to write a story or description of the given image?
Reply 1
Original post by useless-dismay
1) How does everyone revise for Macbeth, An Inspector calls and A Christmas Carol besides remembering quotes for literature?
2) In Language Paper 1 Question 5, are you guys going to write a story or description of the given image?

1) Have prepped analysis for key quotes on each theme and look at the big ideas the writer is trying to show.
2) Normally I would use the picture, as I find it easier to create ideas and cohesive narrative with it.
Reply 2
I'm a Y13 English lit student so didn't do the proper GCSE, but here's my advice anyways

1) Knowing quotes is the imperative part (since you're screwed otherwise), and I'd agree with addition. Practicing essays is also a good way to see which quotes you use the most and have the best analysis for
2) I'd advise to always do description. Narrative is basically the same but you need to bother with adding some kind of plot. Descriptive, from what I've heard from teachers, is what people do better on. I remember finding it easy to remember to hit all the senses and use borderline cringe imagery and figurative language, as well as making sure to use fancy vocab correctly

Quick Reply

Latest