The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Does anyone know, whether if, any 3G dongle's work on campus. Be it, orange, tmobile

I was wondering if dongles work on campus. Furthermore, I was also wondering if digital, usb sticks (for laptops), work on campus too. :smile:
Reply 1
thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
anyone ?
Reply 3
I'm pretty sure I had 3G service with three on my phone when I was there on open days so a dongle with three should work fine
Reply 4
Original post by Rothers
I'm pretty sure I had 3G service with three on my phone when I was there on open days so a dongle with three should work fine

Thanks mate.
Reply 5
Orange supposedly have the best signal on campus. By next spring orange will have t-mobile 3G signal so it will be even better.
Reply 6
Original post by PlopNofear
Orange supposedly have the best signal on campus. By next spring orange will have t-mobile 3G signal so it will be even better.

do orange and t mobile not already share signal? anyways, theres a 3g orange/t mobile mast on top of bowland tower (that big ugly b1tch of a tower in the main square) so orange has good signal. also depends where abouts you are on campus tbh
Original post by Millz
I was wondering if dongles work on campus. Furthermore, I was also wondering if digital, usb sticks (for laptops), work on campus too. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by J1mjam
do orange and t mobile not already share signal? anyways, theres a 3g orange/t mobile mast on top of bowland tower (that big ugly b1tch of a tower in the main square) so orange has good signal. also depends where abouts you are on campus tbh

Do you know anything about the digital tv situation ?
I want to buy one of those DVB usb sticks, to watch digital tv on my mac.
Reply 8
Original post by Millz

does that work just by plugging a TV aerial in? if so then i dont see why not.
Original post by Millz

Unless you want to watch Sky or Virgin services, just watch Resnet TV. It's free, and requires little set up (and no other equipment other than your laptop and your ethernet cable).
Reply 10
Original post by J1mjam
do orange and t mobile not already share signal?

They share normal signal for texting and calling but not 3G signal yet.
Reply 11
Original post by PlopNofear
They share normal signal for texting and calling but not 3G signal yet.

oh right, fair enough... well i have friends with orange phones who got 3g all around campus. i have no idea the quality or speed of it though, sorry.
Reply 12
thank you people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending