The Student Room Group

Are Vauxhall Corsas 'chav' cars?

Scroll to see replies

not really, but if you put a big exhaust, neon lights, spoiler etc on it then its a chav car and makes the driver look like a right dickhead!
Original post by Language_student
I need a car and there are quite a few Vauxhall Corsas out there which aren't badly priced, and Vauxhall is supposed to be reliable and cheap on parts. But I keep reading all these things online about Corsas being 'chav' cars...are they really? I'm not a chav but will driving a Corsa make people think I am/aspire to be one?

No, a Corsa isn't a "chav" car.

Yes, a Corsa with tinted windows, alloys, a body kit and a big exhaust are "chav" cars.
Reply 42
Come on. Fess up.

How many of these non-chav Corsa owners also have non-chav Staffies as well?
Original post by BBSH
I don't understand? the exhaust on a car does not make cars go faster, that is an engine that does that :s-smilie:

The exhaust can have an effect on performance but usually only on cars with high performance engines.

Corsas do not produce enough emissions to give high pressures in the exhaust so a large exhaust on a Corsa will be detrimental to performance, if anything.
Reply 44
Original post by Sammydemon
The exhaust can have an effect on performance but usually only on cars with high performance engines.

Corsas do not produce enough emissions to give high pressures in the exhaust so a large exhaust on a Corsa will be detrimental to performance, if anything.

I used to wind one of my ex-pupils up every time we got back from a lesson. He'd got a Saxo on the drive which he'd bought ready for when he passed. It never moved while he was learning.

But it had a double exhaust converter on it. It was just fitted on with a self-tapping screw in the original exhaust. And it was slightly wonky, which cracked me up.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_785439_langId_-1_categoryId_165537

No benefits other than "style" and "sound" for most cars.
Original post by BBSH
No I'm doing nothing wrong, my postcode is a quite high risk area. Still the corsa appears to be cheapest than all other cars to insure for me right now.

Your quote is ridiculous, then again you are only 17 so it makes sense I guess but for me to insure one of those honda's I'm looking at £7000 TPFT and I'm older than you and held my license longer??

Are you actually paying the insurance now or have you not yet taken out a policy?

Of course £4347 is ridiculous, I'm definitely not paying that amount, I was just showing you how cheap mien was in comparison to yours, taking into considerationn age and so on.....
Original post by DOAADI
I used to wind one of my ex-pupils up every time we got back from a lesson. He'd got a Saxo on the drive which he'd bought ready for when he passed. It never moved while he was learning.

But it had a double exhaust converter on it. It was just fitted on with a self-tapping screw in the original exhaust. And it was slightly wonky, which cracked me up.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_785439_langId_-1_categoryId_165537

No benefits other than "style" and "sound" for most cars.

That's quite funny.

"Improved sound". Yeah, I'll bet...
Reply 47
Corsa's are getting cheaper and cheaper so yes chavs are buying them and making them look horrible.

I drive a Corsa but i am not a chav so it's only a number of people that are making them look like chav cars.
maybe just avoid putting **** off spoiler on it. don't hold back on the neons though, they look spacey.
Reply 49
no there not chavy, most of my freinds have em... actually no wait they are chavy unless you get an 07 or newer one
How is a corsa more chavvy than any other car
Its the driver thats a chav not the car
There is some very small minded people in this world
Reply 51
LOL...Corsa are branded chav cars cuz they are closest visual representation of it happening - i would not expect a chav buying a nissan micra(the old ones) cuz they won't look like chavs - only boxhead turtles :biggrin:
Not if you're a girl. I'd suggest getting a Mk2 (post 2003?) one as they seem to be miles better.
It's chav if you put a fart can, loads of stickers, and **** rims on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending