The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Top button done up and a proper Windsor.
But you always were it skinny down and be "indie" (sad).
Reply 21
Original post by Hatchet
Like a boss..

They call me Hugo 'cus I'm a ****ing Boss.

(Had to be said)
Reply 22
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
This internet-fad really is being overdone.

lol umad?

i just trolling
Reply 23
Original post by Rebellious-Steve
Reasonably long and nice and tight. It's always nice to look reasonably presentable and not like some scruffy, hipster looking bastard.

This attitude seems to be at odds with your name Rebellious Steve.
Reply 24
5 stripes, top button done up, tie knot right up to the button, Windsor knot.

'Tis the only way it should be.

(On the Windsor knot thing... It really annoys me when people use the easier, asymetrical tie. Looks terrible, yet still better than the massive one-stripe tie knot!)
Reply 25
I used to go for the huge knot and short length approach - then one day I realised this looked stupid. So then I had it long with a tight knot which looked a lot better :smile:
Reply 26
Invisibly.
Reply 27
Original post by Alexus22
I have my top button done, tie-knot a bit below. Blazer buttons done, shirt tucked in.
It's nice being smart-looking, + you don't get burned by the Head of 6th everytime you walk past with scruffy uniform.

Ah, but the tie knot should be done up to the top button!
Original post by Hatchet
lol umad?

No, just overused memes get old quickly.
I didn't have a tie, we had polo shirts... the shame. :ashamed:
Reply 30
I wore mine about this long.

And I know I'll offend the swot population of TSR, but females in particular look ridiculous with ties down to their knees.
Around my forehead. :colonhash:

I wish I did have to wear a tie and blazer.
We had polo shirts. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
I wore mine fairly long, knot up to the collar with just the top button undone. Never liked them worn stupidly short with half the buttons undone.
Reply 33
I just had mine normal length, done up just below the top button, and the top button undone. The smart-casual of ties I guess.. if that's ever applicable to ties. But still, in such a state as not to look like a total eejit. Never understood the tiny tie/massive knot thing.. just beyond retarded.
Reply 34
I could barely do my tie, so yeah. I just did it.. normally. Never got looked down on because of it.
in a knot...

:getmecoat:
I had the same knot for five years. Honestly.
Reply 37
Original post by Mike Litoris
slightly to the left and a bit down

She's asking about your school tie, not your penis
Reply 38
Original post by najinaji
Why? Why do you do this?! The images of short stubby ties hanging roughly around the chest region are just haunting me...

Why? its way more comfortable to wear it loose and it looks better as well.

Original post by Aequat omnes cinis
Properly, like everyone else at my school. Seriously, is it really such an effort to look presentable? You'll have to wear a tie correctly later in life when you begin work, or you'll be laughed out of the office. So why not just start now.

Why do we need to be presentable to learn? And I'm a girl so I wont be wearing it in later life so what is wrong with just wearing it loose and short?
We have clip on ties, and what with the strictness of our uniform code, we don't have much choice how we wear them xD.

Latest