The Student Room Group

Work experience teaching

Hello all I'm currently in year 12 and for work experience I decided to help out in my current school with the younger years. This happens in a week's time and I'm wondering what kind of things would happen in this. I picked this to help the younger kids but curious what is expected of me to do as I'm only in year 12 and not qualified or whatever.
Original post by Josh2005
Hello all I'm currently in year 12 and for work experience I decided to help out in my current school with the younger years. This happens in a week's time and I'm wondering what kind of things would happen in this. I picked this to help the younger kids but curious what is expected of me to do as I'm only in year 12 and not qualified or whatever.

Nothing much (I did something similar during 6th form, partly because I don't have anything else outside of school and I just find it convenient).
You would usually just go around to each student to help with certain questions and see what they're stuck on. You're essentially a junior teaching assistant.

Other things that you might do include:

Help the teacher to produce certain worksheets

Move stuff from place to place

Jump queues for lunch (teachers at some schools are notorious for doing this)

You should be able to use the staff room

You should be assigned a teacher to look after you

Depending on the work experience and what scheme you're under, you might need to fill in a report or require to pass certain criminal checks.
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
Nothing much (I did something similar during 6th form, partly because I don't have anything else outside of school and I just find it convenient).
You would usually just go around to each student to help with certain questions and see what they're stuck on. You're essentially a junior teaching assistant.

Other things that you might do include:

Help the teacher to produce certain worksheets

Move stuff from place to place

Jump queues for lunch (teachers at some schools are notorious for doing this)

You should be able to use the staff room

You should be assigned a teacher to look after you

Depending on the work experience and what scheme you're under, you might need to fill in a report or require to pass certain criminal checks.

How'd you find it. I also picked it for the convenience of being in the same school didn't find anything else attractive to pick. What did you wear for it? I'm just going to go in my uniform but without the blazer( white shirt, black tie and black trousers).
Original post by Josh2005
How'd you find it. I also picked it for the convenience of being in the same school didn't find anything else attractive to pick. What did you wear for it? I'm just going to go in my uniform but without the blazer( white shirt, black tie and black trousers).

I find it relatively normal. There wasn't much going on and it just seems like any other day. It's like being at school, but different.

Simple formal wear like you (I wore a tie, but meh). If you want, you can wear short sleeved white shirt with an open collar due to the weather.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by MindMax2000
I find it relatively normal. There wasn't much going on and it just seems like any other day. It's like being at school, but different.

Simple formal wear like you (I wore a tie, but meh). If you want, you can wear short sleeved white shirt with an open collar due to the weather.

Yep sounds good thanks for replying. Have a good summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending