The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene and dental therapy 2012 entry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Hunny101
I've got mine next week! Where else have u been to interview and have u heard anything back?

Good stuff. Good luck! I've had birmingham and teeside got offer from birm and rejected from teeside. and you?
Reply 321
Original post by KhanN :)
I have an interview at Queen Mary's - 14th March! Anyone else got one??

Mee too! And we have it on the same day :smile:
Hi everyone, congratulations to everyone who has interviews, or better still been offered a place; I am still waiting to hear from Cardiff and Liverpool (the two uni's I'm most interested in, typical that they are the last ones) but have an interview at Manchester on 6 March and have had interviews at Teesside and Essex, has anyone heard back yet from Tees/Essex? I'm amazed at how quick the Teesside interview was, I was there on 3 Feb - has anyone from that day heard back yet?
Reply 323
Original post by Vasyn
Good stuff. Good luck! I've had birmingham and teeside got offer from birm and rejected from teeside. and you?

Had Bham and Portsmouth, rejected from Bham n have to hear back from Portsmouth, got any more interviews anywhere?
Reply 324
Had Bham and Portsmouth, rejected from Bham n have to hear back from Portsmouth, got any more interviews anywhere?

I've got Manchester interview this Tuesday! then Queen Mary and Portsmouth in march, cant wait until these interviews are over! so expensive to travel for me! train fares are ridiculous.

How was interview at Portsmouth? What questions did they ask?
Reply 325
Original post by Vasyn
I've got Manchester interview this Tuesday! then Queen Mary and Portsmouth in march, cant wait until these interviews are over! so expensive to travel for me! train fares are ridiculous.

How was interview at Portsmouth? What questions did they ask?

I know, it's so expensive and irritating when you might not even get an offer! Portmsouth asked why portsmouth, why dental hygiene and therapy.... just the usual really and nothing out of the blue, good luck for tuesday n let me know how it goes!
Reply 326
I know, it's so expensive and irritating when you might not even get an offer! Portmsouth asked why portsmouth, why dental hygiene and therapy.... just the usual really and nothing out of the blue, good luck for tuesday n let me know how it goes!

Thank you! Good luck to you as well! x
Reply 327
Original post by Vasyn
Mee too! And we have it on the same day :smile:

Aww cool, we mite see eachother! What time is yours? Mine's at 4:35. And do you know what the interview format will be like, like just a panel or loads of them mini interviews at different stations do you think?
Reply 328
Original post by KhanN :)
Aww cool, we mite see eachother! What time is yours? Mine's at 4:35. And do you know what the interview format will be like, like just a panel or loads of them mini interviews at different stations do you think?

Mine is at 2.15 so will probably not see each other.

And thats what I just found about the interview on the website:

The interview panel consists of at least 2 members of the Centre for Dental Care Professionals, and one Consultant or Senior Academic from the Dental School, who is involved with teaching dental undergraduate students and DCP students. The interview is usually no longer than 20 minutes.

Hope that helps! x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 329
Original post by calest
im waiting to hear back from liverpool too thought would have heard by now but re-read letter yesterday says shortlisting will be in feb and all candidates will be written too in march :frown: which lpool course are you applying for degree or diploma?

ooh thats soo late ! well i have applied for the degree programme, what about you ?
Reply 330
hi guys, i was wondering, those of you who have an offer from bham, is everyone going to the applicant visit on 7th march? and if so does anyone know what the timings are ? i need to book my train tickets so please help me out ?
Reply 331
Has anyone else heard from Cardiff this week? i'm just getting a bit worried now because i know some people have heard from them last week and...

"All MMI interviews for places on the Diploma and BSc courses will take place between TUESDAY 6 - WEDNESDAY 7 MARCH 2012. Please note that NO other dates are available for interview."

So they're cutting it a bit fine in terms of date planning and train ticket buying etc... :eek:
Original post by shemi
Has anyone else heard from Cardiff this week? i'm just getting a bit worried now because i know some people have heard from them last week and...

"All MMI interviews for places on the Diploma and BSc courses will take place between TUESDAY 6 - WEDNESDAY 7 MARCH 2012. Please note that NO other dates are available for interview."

So they're cutting it a bit fine in terms of date planning and train ticket buying etc... :eek:

Oh no! that is cutting it fine, I know that it's silly to jump straight to the "I'm obviously not going to get an interview" notion but I can't help but feel that a rejection is on the way.... also I have an interview at manchester on the 6th - that will be a fun tour of the u.k. that week.

I'm really hating all the waiting around, I checked last years thread and somepeople didn't find out until May! I'll have definitely driven myself insane by then! Although no news is good news as they say......probably not in this instance of Cardiff not giving us out interviews though.
Original post by kassy_s
hi guys, i was wondering, those of you who have an offer from bham, is everyone going to the applicant visit on 7th march? and if so does anyone know what the timings are ? i need to book my train tickets so please help me out ?

I e-mailed them today with the exact same question!
Here's my response:

'Further information in relation to the Applicant Visit Day will be sent out shortly which will detail start and finish times

Can I ask that you return the confirmation of attendance ASAP.

Regards

Jane'

So yeah, I guess they want to make sure only confirmed people get the info!
Reply 334
Original post by Vasyn
Thank you! Good luck to you as well! x

Hey how'd it go! What kind of qs did they ask? Hope it went well...
Reply 335
Original post by kassy_s
ooh thats soo late ! well i have applied for the degree programme, what about you ?

ive applied for the diploma - i dont have any Alevels but have been a dental nurse for 10yrs, im currently doing an access course though. just hope we hear soon :smile:
Reply 336
Hi anyone heard from Leeds yet??
Reply 337
I got an interview from Cardiff :smile: They should be letting people know this week I think... I hope.
Reply 338
Original post by shemi
I got an interview from Cardiff :smile: They should be letting people know this week I think... I hope.

well done! did you hear today?
Reply 339
well done! did you hear today?

Quick Reply

Latest