The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene and dental therapy 2012 entry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Jodie_88_
Any 1 heard from Leeds yet?? x x

I rang Leeds today, they said the women who normally sends the letters out is off sick still!! She said it might be next week or week after before we get our letters! Such a long wait x
Reply 381
Original post by Deli0712
I rang Leeds today, they said the women who normally sends the letters out is off sick still!! She said it might be next week or week after before we get our letters! Such a long wait x

What! Really :frown: I phoned Monday & the women said we'd have letters by end of this week? I hope they hurry up. Just wanna now! Xx
Reply 382
What! Really :frown: I phoned Monday & the women said we'd have letters by end of this week? I hope they hurry up. Just wanna now! Xx

Really! Well let's hope your right. Did she ask you your name? She didn't ask for mine. X
Reply 383
I heard from Eastmans today...
Again I didn't even get an interview ,they had 129 applications and will be interviewing 27 people and I am on a reserve list which means I will only be invited if people decline their interview.I very much doubt that is possible so again very sad ;(will need to wait for nxt yr again.Good luck guys;'(
Reply 384
Original post by Patynurse
I heard from Eastmans today...
Again I didn't even get an interview ,they had 129 applications and will be interviewing 27 people and I am on a reserve list which means I will only be invited if people decline their interview.I very much doubt that is possible so again very sad ;(will need to wait for nxt yr again.Good luck guys;'(

So sorry to hear that. Hopefully you still might get a wee chance this year, if not im sure there are loads of things you could do to get experience as well as earning a bit of cash to make student life easier and boost your applications next year. Maybe not come to that though, you may get that interview yet :smile:

Just read through other posts and noticed you have done all that already so you will be feeling well hacked off. Don't give up! Ask uni for feedback again, don't get annoyed with them ( they don't like that). Get advice re application and personal statement from Uni or someone who works in higher education. As I said, may not come to that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 385
Thanks Janeybean,

I was very sad but I was quite polite when replying to their email ,I then asked a feedback which shld prob take a while since they are so busy.

I guess they will ask me to do more A levels or find the cure for cancer lol (as someone said) I'll keep trying for sure until I ran out of money,friends and probably loose my job(i got so many days off to revise for my biology exams and OHE).

Thanks for the lovely reply xxx
Reply 386
Original post by Deli0712
Really! Well let's hope your right. Did she ask you your name? She didn't ask for mine. X

I hope so, she didnt ask my name either, its so frustrating waiting to hear! ill let you know as soon as i do :smile: x
Original post by raltaf3
Hey, mine is the same day at 12:30, what time is yours?

I'm soo nervous about what they are going to ask?

lool mines at 9am meaning im off to my hotel up there tonight. :frown: i ran through some questions with my dentist, but im just try and be as calm and collected as possible.
Original post by KhanN :)
I have an interview at Queen Mary's - 14th March! Anyone else got one??

7th of march for me
Reply 389
Just rang up Leeds, they have no idea when we are going to get our letters. She told me to ring back on Monday!! :mad: talk
For anyone waiting to hear from Essex, I called them yesterday and they have said that they will be sending letters out in two weeks.

Fingers crossed.
Reply 391
I just phoned QMUL and they said all interviews should be given out by end of next week.. There is still hope :smile:
Reply 392
Rejection from queen marys!!! So waiting Eastmans and Essex!!!! Im praying 4 rejections with no interview... 12 years dental nurse, access course science and a degree in sociology!!! depressing being rejected without interviews xxxx Goodluck everyone :colondollar:
Reply 393
Original post by lazyshopper
For anyone waiting to hear from Essex, I called them yesterday and they have said that they will be sending letters out in two weeks.

Fingers crossed.

thankyou...was going to phone them but do not need to
has anyone else got an edinburgh interview? :smile: mines on the 3rd of April :smile:
Original post by RachRach94
has anyone else got an edinburgh interview? :smile: mines on the 3rd of April :smile:

I got interview letter this morning!
Mines on 23rd March!! 1.45pm
was shocked! lol
x
Reply 396
Original post by RachRach94

yup :smile: i got my letter this morning, 23rd march 11:45 wooop! i'm really happy they decided to finally send out interviews :smile: was getting nervous!
Reply 397

Have you heard anything yet? Im thinking of ringing again on Monday!
Reply 398
Hi has anyone managed to get intouch with Leeds? Keep ringing but no one answering! :angry:
Hey guys,
I am new to this forum. I have an interview for Teesside on Friday and I am so so nervous. Do they really interview 200 people for 12places (one place already being taken by they deferred entrant at the beginning of this thread) such a scary thought. I also have an interview for Queen Mary next week on the 14th March.
I am not a Dental Nurse so am so worried about my lack of experience. Has anyone got a place already at Teesside? How was the interview?
Anyone had an interview for Queen Mary?

xx

Quick Reply

Latest