The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's not exactly advice, but I was in a very very similar situation once. The boy in question had been with his girlfriend since before I met him. Once, a mutual friend asked him if he'd have gone out with me if he'd met me first, and he said yes. I absolutely adored him, loved every second we spent together as friends, but it broke my heart every time he left to go back and see her. I maintained the friendship for a number of years, but as our lives developed, very gradually, we grew apart slightly. And before I even realised I was really over him, I met somebody else and fell in love. Some time later, that first boy told me he'd split up with his girlfriend, and at my 18th birthday party whispered to me that if I ever needed someone, he'd be there. The weird thing was, all I felt was sad for him that his girlfriend had gone and a complete platonic affection. The message of this is a) your girl probably will break up with her boyfriend too, and if you're still in the picture her feelings towards you may change, but b) let yourself live your own life too, and if you're like me you may surprise yourself by falling in love again when you least expect it. I know your heartache so I wish you lots of luck x
Life sucks. You risk everything to tell her you like her, and she throws it back in your face...not a great confidence boost! But seriously, maybe it is time to move on. Sure you love her and you will probably always feel something for her. But let this just be a feeling...go out, meet new people and soon you might find that you learn to love someone else as much as you love her. :smile:Don't limit yourself to the girl you can't have.

Latest

Trending

Trending