The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Question about Sports and societies

Basically I wasn't able to go to sports & societies fayre because I was ill on that day and my student finance was delayed(waaay Delayed got it yesterday) so i couldn't even pay the joining fee, if I had gone to the fayre I probably would have known that they did free trials but I didn't know that and now am thinking the trials are over so I just wanted to know when you join do they tell you where they hold their socials and stuff, all these stuff are pretty new to me plus am off campus so I need to join as much society and sports as possible.

Thank You.
Original post by Self-aware PC
Basically I wasn't able to go to sports & societies fayre because I was ill on that day and my student finance was delayed(waaay Delayed got it yesterday) so i couldn't even pay the joining fee, if I had gone to the fayre I probably would have known that they did free trials but I didn't know that and now am thinking the trials are over so I just wanted to know when you join do they tell you where they hold their socials and stuff, all these stuff are pretty new to me plus am off campus so I need to join as much society and sports as possible

Thank You.

At the fair you woould have out down your email and they would have emailed you with info as to where people meet and when, but obviously as you couldn't make it then it would be best to email the societies individually. An index of all the sports clubs and societies can be found in the below link. And then if you click on the ones you're interested in, most of them have an email that you can contact them with. Some trials aren't over yet, but most are. But if you explain your situation then i'm sure they'll be understanding and give you a trial :smile:

http://lincolnsu.com/sportsandsocieties
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lozzyhickers
At the fair you woould have out down your email and they would have emailed you with info as to where people meet and when, but obviously as you couldn't make it then it would be best to email the societies individually. An index of all the sports clubs and societies can be found in the below link. And then if you click on the ones you're interested in, most of them have an email that you can contact them with. Some trials aren't over yet, but most are. But if you explain your situation then i'm sure they'll be understanding and give you a trial :smile:

http://lincolnsu.com/sportsandsocieties

Thank you very much I'll email them now. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest