The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by einstein123
Congratulationssssss!!!!!!!!!!!,Thanks yeah it helped, also what course did you apply for?,and is edinburgh your firm choice?:smile:

Psychology :wink: it's either edinburgh or warwick, i think i'll need to go to an open day to make that decision. plus i got hk universities to consider too :confused: but at least i got offers, hey? hope yours will come soon!! btw i'm an international applicant though studying uk a levels, so the offer came earlier, i think? :tongue:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 581
Original post by CeeTay

Original post by CeeTay
ahh thankyou, yeah i am which is why i was so surprised to hear so soon!
ahhh i see, sucks for them :P i was convinced i'd be waiting til march though!

The current students/grads really push the "you might be waiting until March or April" thing with Edinburgh applicants because in the majority of cases its true and also it prevents mass hysteria because it provides you with realistic expectations of when things might happen with your application. I've been doing this on TSR since 2005 (I started Edinburgh in September 2006) and I've been here every year since so I can give a fairly accurate response as to when things will happen and its just so much better to lower expectations and promote a feeling of "no response till March" than get hopes up unnecessarily.

Obviously some UK students do get offers earlier than March and some before the Jan deadline (often science and engineering, occasionally a couple of law unconditional offers) and that's really really cool but most people do end up waiting forever and we've all been in that position as applicants so know how horrible it can be when you're waiting! Historically Edinburgh also sent out a bulk of rejections for arts courses in the run up to Christmas but they've stopped doing this so much now as a lot of courses just don't even look at applications until January. About two or three years ago if a UK arts student heard something before Christmas it was more than likely going to be a rejection.
Original post by CeeTay

Original post by CeeTay
ahh thankyou, yeah i am which is why i was so surprised to hear so soon!
ahhh i see, sucks for them :P i was convinced i'd be waiting til march though!

Congratulations mate, how did they contact you?
Original post by oxymoronic
Historically Edinburgh also sent out a bulk of rejections for arts courses in the run up to Christmas but they've stopped doing this

Good,
some "Merry Christmas" it was.... :biggrin:
Reply 584
I've received an offer too. They sent me an e-mail directly to confirm it.
Reply 585
Original post by adou
I've received an offer too. They sent me an e-mail directly to confirm it.

congrats! what did you apply for? and are you a UK student?
Reply 586
I cannot open the euclid page, anyone hv the same problem?
Reply 587
Original post by gpostleth
congrats! what did you apply for? and are you a UK student?

I applied for Vet Medicine, I'm a international :smile:

Original post by adou
I cannot open the euclid page, anyone hv the same problem?

Yeah this sometimes happens to me it says that my browser is looping?
Reply 589
Yeah this sometimes happens to me it says that my browser is looping?

The problem is on the "Launch Euclid" button. It leads me to an error page wrote " page cannot be shown"
Reply 590
Congratulations mate, how did they contact you?

i just got the generic ucas track update email, nothing special :biggrin: and then a few hours later myed updated with some kinda mail to say i have an offer :smile:
Original post by CeeTay

Original post by CeeTay
i just got the generic ucas track update email, nothing special :biggrin: and then a few hours later myed updated with some kinda mail to say i have an offer :smile:

Cool, congrats, hopefully my offer comes soon!
Reply 592
When can we expect to start seeing this on our MyEd pages? I'm assuming it'll only be a couple of weeks before decisions are made at most, but any info would be helpful.
Reply 593
Original post by Ecaudate

Original post by Ecaudate
When can we expect to start seeing this on our MyEd pages? I'm assuming it'll only be a couple of weeks before decisions are made at most, but any info would be helpful.

Whenever they start to consider your application. The application status normally goes blank when its actively being considered, so normally a day or so prior to an applicant getting a response. So it will go blank any time between now and the start of May.
i've applied to study economics and finance..i did pretty decent in my 5th year and got AAAAB in my highers! currently doing AH economics, H accounts and H business management. i think i have a pretty strong ps..what are my chances?
Reply 595
Original post by oxymoronic
Whenever they start to consider your application. The application status normally goes blank when its actively being considered, so normally a day or so prior to an applicant getting a response. So it will go blank any time between now and the start of May.

What do you mean ? Does that mean that my application is being considered ? I just logged in to check it, but I've logged on only once ten days ago, when I sent my application. And now I can't remember but it seems different ...

I got you now. The page is different from the first time i logged on (I think) but It's not considered (still). And even I didn't get the whole "fee status" thing or they've changed the system : P !

http://prikachi.com/images/458/4155458Q.jpg

Anyone to compare : ) ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 596

Original post by 3PL
What do you mean ? Does that mean that my application is being considered ? I just logged in to check it, but I've logged on only once ten days ago, when I sent my application. And now I can't remember but it seems different ...

I got you know. The page is different from the first time i logged on (I think) but It's not considered (still). And even I didn't get the whole "fee status" thing or they've changed the system : P !

http://prikachi.com/images/458/4155458Q.jpg

Anyone to compare : ) ?

Okay, you see where it says "your application is pending our decision" under the application status bar?

Well, when they're actively considering your application (ie: its out on the table and they're talking about you) then this will go blank and the wording "your application is pending our decision" will go away. The box will have nothing written in. This can happen at any point between when you applied and May, it just depends on your course.

THEN when they've made a decision on your application the bar that says "fees and funding" will gain a 3rd sub heading which says "my fee details" which appears in addition to "my tuition fee status" and "general fees information". When you then click on the new bar that says "my fee details" the new screen will then say "'listed below are the details for the degree course for which we have made you an offer". This new "my fee details" bar normally appears before an applicant receives an update on track or on MyEd meaning the keen beans of the world can find out if they have an offer a wee bit earlier than they would otherwise.

At the moment your application is just sitting waiting, so it looks exactly like its supposed to do so.
Reply 597
^ Thanks ^^ ! Now its all clear : )
Reply 598
I've applied for business with french... Edinburgh is my first choice, really really hoping I get in!! Although I think the business courses are all pretty competetive. Fingers crossed!!
Reply 599
Applied for Medicinal & Biological Chemistry :smile: was told immediately that i wouldn't hear anything until at least the 15th january. The wait hasn't be torture so far..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending