The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool 2012 Applicants!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I went to Liverpool in September. It's a great night out!! Definitely awesome nightlife :smile: And literally any night if you fancy it there's always something on.
I was at Carnatic LMH, the halls are nice the way theyre set out, feels like a student community its good :smile: Noisy but obviously its students. Food's okay. Got to be up ridiculously early for the bus queue though, but if you're at carni you get the bus before derby campus. if youre at derby the bus is full driving past on a morning so i'd guess you have to be there even earlier.
uni campus is nice and the guild is nice too and short walk from it into town. bus runs from campus to town later on until last bus at half eleven. but again be there in time for the bus cos it gets full super quick.
i've actually left now because the course wasnt for me. Bsc geography without a maths or science Alevel wasnt the best choice. any questions though is fine :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by ChrisA7x
Yep Liverpool will be my firm! I've also applied for manchester and lancaster, but will decline any offers I get :smile:

Woo! Liverpool will definitely be my firm too! :smile: I applied to Kent, Reading, Leeds and Portsmouth and got offers from all but Leeds, still waiting on them! But I'm pretty sure I'll still decline the Leeds offer if I get one :biggrin:
Original post by starxriddled
Yes! Joint with Hispanics! offer for ABB

wooo you going up on march 17th?? :smile: xx
Applied for Physics BSc at Liverpool, as 1 of my 2 back-ups. Although it's hardly a back-up when they could ask for BBB-AAB!! Hoping they ask for BBB though :colone:

Leeds would be my firm if they offered...not really looked into Liverpool properly, til Clearing last year and a few days before UCAS deadline this year, but it looks pretty neat! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 204
Original post by GloriaPenguin
Woo! Liverpool will definitely be my firm too! :smile: I applied to Kent, Reading, Leeds and Portsmouth and got offers from all but Leeds, still waiting on them! But I'm pretty sure I'll still decline the Leeds offer if I get one :biggrin:

Woo! See you in Sept 2012 if you get the grades :biggrin:
Original post by MissSimkiss
wooo you going up on march 17th?? :smile: xx

No I'm going on the 14th... Everyone else seems to be going on the 17th!
No I'm going on the 14th... Everyone else seems to be going on the 17th!

My friend Danni is going on the 14th! She's really pretty and blonde hahaa. I dont know anyone whos going on the 17th :frown:
My friend Danni is going on the 14th! She's really pretty and blonde hahaa. I dont know anyone whos going on the 17th :frown:

Haha, if I see a pretty blonde girl, I probably will be too shy to talk to her...
But will keep an eye out :tongue:
Haha, if I see a pretty blonde girl, I probably will be too shy to talk to her...
But will keep an eye out :tongue:

Hahaa she has curly hair :smile: She's doing english too!
Hahaa she has curly hair :smile: She's doing english too!

Oooh okay, well if I see her I'll sort of smile!
Original post by ChrisA7x
Woo! See you in Sept 2012 if you get the grades :biggrin:

Yeah :biggrin: Fingers crossed we both get them!
Reply 211
Got an offer for Software Engineering :biggrin:
Reply 212
Hello, just out of interest do you think generally the UoL has received a drop or an increase in applicants for 2012 entry? The Uni hasn't published any info. yet...
Original post by Preetinder
Applied for Physics BSc at Liverpool, as 1 of my 2 back-ups. Although it's hardly a back-up when they could ask for BBB-AAB!! Hoping they ask for BBB though :colone:

Leeds would be my firm if they offered...not really looked into Liverpool properly, til Clearing last year and a few days before UCAS deadline this year, but it looks pretty neat! :biggrin:

I've applied to physics, but didn't look into it properly too. They sent me a letter about an applicant day though, so I think I might go on that.

Is anyone else planning on going?
Original post by LastHype
I've applied to physics, but didn't look into it properly too. They sent me a letter about an applicant day though, so I think I might go on that.

Is anyone else planning on going?

They just told me they got my application, nothing about applicant days D:

Do you think they'll interview for Physics?
They just told me they got my application, nothing about applicant days D:

Do you think they'll interview for Physics?

I got a letter in the post this morning, although it's probably because they've given me an offer. I didn't get an interview, nor have I heard of anyone to get one from Liverpool.

Still, I don't know much about it, so hopefully I can scrape train fare together to go and have a visit :biggrin:
I got a letter in the post this morning, although it's probably because they've given me an offer. I didn't get an interview, nor have I heard of anyone to get one from Liverpool.

Still, I don't know much about it, so hopefully I can scrape train fare together to go and have a visit :biggrin:

Aww lucky, hope you enjoy it! :biggrin:
It's my 4th UCAS option so not too fussed if I get an offer, but the course does look good :smile:
Aww lucky, hope you enjoy it! :biggrin:
It's my 4th UCAS option so not too fussed if I get an offer, but the course does look good :smile:

It's on the 29th of Feburary, so I'm sure you'll have an offer by then!

It's not really my first choice yet, but I'm not sure what kinda grades I'm going to end up with, where else have you applied too? :biggrin:
It's on the 29th of Feburary, so I'm sure you'll have an offer by then!

It's not really my first choice yet, but I'm not sure what kinda grades I'm going to end up with, where else have you applied too? :biggrin:

I've got an offer from Leicester of ABB (they seem to have gone up a grade form last year..), and an interview from Leeds (OMG. Leeds will be my firm if I get in!! It's epic!:biggrin:). I applied to York (probs insurance if I get an offer), and then Liverpool and Keele (Physics with Philosophy) :smile: I only applied to Liverpool & Keele on 15th Jan though so maybe I should give them some time to respond:colone:
How about you?
I've got an offer from Leicester of ABB (they seem to have gone up a grade form last year..), and an interview from Leeds (OMG. Leeds will be my firm if I get in!! It's epic!:biggrin:). I applied to York (probs insurance if I get an offer), and then Liverpool and Keele (Physics with Philosophy) :smile: I only applied to Liverpool & Keele on 15th Jan though so maybe I should give them some time to respond:colone:
How about you?

Ahh, I (sort of) live near Leicester! I never even knew Leeds did a physics course :/ what offer are you expecting from them? :smile:

I applied to Liverpool, Herts, Kent & Hull and they've all given me offers :biggrin: Sussex on the other hand...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending