The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mpc1
Congratulations!!!!!! 5/5 is simply great! Now that you have all the 5, do you know before when you have to finalize firm and insurance? Is it to be done right away or do you have time till May to decide?

Same may deadline, that was something worrying me too that if I'd had an early deadline if I'd be able to visit them all before it :afraid:
Reply 241
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Same may deadline, that was something worrying me too that if I'd had an early deadline if I'd be able to visit them all before it :afraid:

Do you have any source for this?
Original post by mpc1
Do you have any source for this?

It says on UCAS when your deadline will be

''DON'T FORGET..

to reply to your offers. You must reply by Wed, 9 May 2012.''
Reply 243
It says on UCAS when your deadline will be

''DON'T FORGET..

to reply to your offers. You must reply by Wed, 9 May 2012.''

It also says somewhere if you have received offers from all, you have to reply and hence not clear for me if May is the deadline EVEN IF someone had recd all the offers by say Nov (like you for example) Can you please confirm?
Original post by mpc1
It also says somewhere if you have received offers from all, you have to reply and hence not clear for me if May is the deadline EVEN IF someone had recd all the offers by say Nov (like you for example) Can you please confirm?

Well that's my deadline and I have all my offers so I would assume it is :colonhash:
Reply 245
Well that's my deadline and I have all my offers so I would assume it is :colonhash:

Thanks !! that gives some breathing time to all to go visit the uni's and then decide even if they get all the offers by say March ..
Reply 246
woooop. finally got all 5 offers.. :biggrin:

not too sure which to firm and insure yet need to visit Bham/Notts & Liverpool :smile:
if anyone has been could they let me know whether the citys nice? and the halls/staff and general things about the university..

thankkks :smile:
Reply 247
Original post by 082349
Application sent: 19th September
Uni: University of Edinburgh
Course: MA (Hons) Social Anthropology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Offer
Offer Grades: BBB with one being economics
Date Offer Received: 11.11.11
Reaction: Yay, received an offer on 11.11.11! Lucky day.

Congratulations for your offer!!are you international or European-home student?
Reply 248
Original post by mpc1
Nobody has to reply to their offers before May, even if all their decisions are in by September 30.
Reply 249
Original post by Nicck
Congratulations for your offer!!are you international or European-home student?

Thanks. I'm international.
Reply 250
Replied last night... Sheffield as my firm, Sussex as my insurance! Declined Manchester, Lancaster and Birmingham.

Massive weight has been lifted tbh.
Reply 251
Original post by Gallois
Replied last night... Sheffield as my firm, Sussex as my insurance! Declined Manchester, Lancaster and Birmingham.

Wow - that was way too quick!

Any good reason why one would decide to reply this early to firm/insurance and decline the rest?

What is the procedure to do so? by email to the unis or to ucas?
Reply 252
Original post by Gallois

WOW. are you mad? why reply so quickly? what if something changes about where you would like to go? e.g. the uni you thought you liked changes something about it.. or the course structure..

There's surely no harm in waiting till at least Jan/Feb to make a decision? :eek:
Reply 253
Original post by Gallois

Remember that if you do want to change anything, you will need to do it within the next seven days. I take it you were very sure about your choices - in general I advise very strongly against rushing this decision.

Original post by mpc1

Any good reason why one would decide to reply this early to firm/insurance and decline the rest?

Absolutely none whatever, in my view. See Firm and insurance choices. You reply through Track.

Original post by i Pav i
WOW. are you mad? why reply so quickly? what if something changes about where you would like to go? e.g. the uni you thought you liked changes something about it.. or the course structure..

There's surely no harm in waiting till at least Jan/Feb to make a decision? :eek:
Totally agree - except that I would make it April/early May, myself.
I'm not replying to my offers until the new year, I know the choice is between two already but nowhere near deciding just yet :afraid:
Reply 255
Original post by mpc1

Original post by i Pav i

I've known forever that I want to go to Sheffield to study Politics. So I was always, always, always going to Firm that regardless. Seriously, nothing could change my mind about studying there.

My insurance reply was a little rash, but I'd already discounted Birmingham and Lancaster. I loved Manchester, but at the end of the day, I want to get the best education possible and after Sheffield, Sussex is next best without a doubt. Plus, it's by the sea(!!!)

I probably could have waited, but I didn't see much point. I have a very clear vision and sense of what I want, so why waste time with it playing on my mind?

Also, the procedure is basically go onto UCAS and then click "reply to offers" underneath the table where you can see all your offers :smile:
Reply 256
Original post by Minerva

Totally agree - except that I would make it April/early May, myself.

I'm still in shock that people are already "Firming" Uni's... I realllllyy hope that the person who's already firmed and insured does not regret doing what they've just done as - its where YOU'RE going for 3 or 4 years. Bloody hell, you're now stuck with those two uni's.

:confused:
Reply 257
Original post by i Pav i
I'm still in shock that people are already "Firming" Uni's... I realllllyy hope that the person who's already firmed and insured does not regret doing what they've just done as - its where YOU'RE going for 3 or 4 years. Bloody hell, you're now stuck with those two uni's.

:confused:
You wait - come June/July, we get endless threads from people wanting to know about Changing your Mind, in spite of the fact that every year I say the same thing...

Gallois seems to have been very sure about what he wanted to do, so fair enough, but things can and do change so my line has always been to avoid making final decisions until you absolutely have to.
Reply 258
I see that many people are receiving university decisions and I wanted to know if some universities are renowned for taking longer with their decisions than others.
I've applied to: Oxford, King's, UCL, Warwick and Queen Mary's and sent it off oct 14th.

So, do they take longer, and if so, what is the reason for this?

P.S. Applying for law
Reply 259
Original post by Minerva
Remember that if you do want to change anything, you will need to do it within the next seven days. I take it you were very sure about your choices - in general I advise very strongly against rushing this decision.

I didn't think it was possible to change it at all? It says on UCAS that after you do, it's final?

And like I said, yes, I was very sure. You've no idea how badly I want to study at Sheffield.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending