The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Got AAB and really wanted to study Comp Sci at Queens, but got denied today, requirements are BBB... I can still do Computer Sci if I switch to it on the second year, however I would have to firm the ICT Course tho. Any ideas?
Original post by Charlesworth
Congratulations! After the problems you had before sending off your application, I am glad you have an offer :biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin:

It's a really easy offer so all I need to do is pass my course and I'm going to university! I think it'll be my insurance now because they don't even want me to pass my Maths GCSE unlike my original choice for insurance. :biggrin:
Original post by zozzie94
Application sent: 5th October
Uni: UCL
Course: Chemistry with maths
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional Offer
Offer Grades: I just got the offer letter so I don't know what the grades are yet, they're gonna let me by processing the offer on ucas within 10 days :smile:
Date Offer Received: 18th November
Reaction: I was in my spanish class, pretending to pay attention but actually checking my phone when I got a text from my mum sayhing "UCL offer x". I was like "OH MY GOD" really loudly...my teacher gave me a look and I just said "Sorry but I just got an offer from UCL!!" and everyone was like WOOOOOO YEEEAYAIDOAIHDO, my teacher even gave me a hug!..and then confiscated my phone...but yaaaay I dont care! I'm so happy!

Application sent: 5th october
Uni: Cambridge
Course: Physical Natural Sciences
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: INTERVIEW ON 6TH DECEMBER
Reaction: Another text from my mum saying "camb interview 6/12 x" haha yaaay

Legend.
Reply 383
Original post by MA8031
D"": I'm sorry to hear this..
what were your predictions? Were they really strict?
hmm.. i haven't gotten anything from them yet for philosophy...

Predicted A*AB and then A*A in general studies and epq. I emailed them before applying to see if I would still be considered with A*AB and they said I would be invited to the admissions day for the test, but then if I were to get an offer it would be for AAA. (I have mitigating circumstances for the B so that wouldn't have been a problem anyway). However they just rejected me straight off because my "predicted grades do not meet the requirements for this programme of study". I wish they hadn't lied to me and I had applied somewhere else.
Reply 384
Original post by laura94
Predicted A*AB and then A*A in general studies and epq. I emailed them before applying to see if I would still be considered with A*AB and they said I would be invited to the admissions day for the test, but then if I were to get an offer it would be for AAA. (I have mitigating circumstances for the B so that wouldn't have been a problem anyway). However they just rejected me straight off because my "predicted grades do not meet the requirements for this programme of study". I wish they hadn't lied to me and I had applied somewhere else.

O.o thats so unfair... yea if you knew you would've applied somewhere else and not have wasted your choice. Are you going to email them back? Or just whatever?
If there are other unis that you want to get in other than ucl, then that would
be great.
Original post by maxcartwright
Application Sent : 12th nov
uni: Exeter
Course: international relations
decision : Unconditional offer!!!
Date Recieved: 19th nov
reaction: YAAAAAYY

You received a saturday offer?

You are the envy of thousands. :tongue:
With most of mychoices getting back to me I have no idea where I now want to study...
Original post by Ladieangel20
Application sent: 17th November 2011
Uni: Kingston University
Course: History
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Offer
Offer Grades: AAB
Date Offer Received:18th November
Reaction: Pretty happy!!

Bit steep from Kingston isn't it?! Standard offer is 240 points..
Original post by Danz123
Application sent: 12th October
Course: Philosophy
INTERVIEW 6/12!!!
Recieved: 18th November
Grades: N/A
Reaction: I came home and my mum showed me a letter from Corpus Christi. We both expected the worst, and when it turned out I got an interview we started jumping up and down going 'yay yay yay yay.' haha :biggrin: UCAS hasn't updated my status yet though, and I only have a few days left to reply to the invitation.

they dont for oxbridge interviews
Original post by srascal8
Bit steep from Kingston isn't it?! Standard offer is 240 points..

This is what they said : A minimum of 240 UCAS Tariff points from at least 2 GCE A levels
Reply 390
Original post by Jimmy_EFC
Application sent: 02/11/11
Uni: Newcastle
Course: Chemistry MChem
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional
Offer Grades: ABB
Date Offer Received: 19/11/11
Reaction: Very Happy! :biggrin: 4th Offer Already! Got the letter through the post today, saying that they were offering me a place, but track hasn't updated yet :smile:

Me too, where else did you apply?
Why are people posting Oxbridge interviews on the UCAS offers page? Wrong thread surely?
Good luck with the interviews though guys. It will be interesting to see what offers are eventually given.
Wll Oxbridge be less Grade nazi than the non interviewing LSE because they see the candidate or not?
Reply 392
Original post by chalcanthite
Finally I can contribute! Got an interview invitation to Cambridge in the morning, got an email later in the day from UCAS informing me that my UCAS status had changed, expected it to be about the interview, turned out I got an offer from Leeds! And I thought today was going to be a bad day...

Application sent: 15th October
Course: Natural Sciences
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Interview!
Offer Grades: N/A
Reaction: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" (Mentally. I was in German class at the time.)

Application sent: 15th October
Uni: Leeds
Course: Natural Sciences
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Offer
Offer Grades: 38 points overall, 6, 6, 6 in HL Chemistry, HL Physics and HL Math (IB)
Reaction: "Holy sh*tebuckets!!!!"

Congratulations!! Which college in cambridge? what are your other uni choices?

are you an intl applicant?
Original post by beatgen
Application sent: 12th October
Uni: Uni of Nottingham
Course: German and Russian
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Unconditional offer!
Offer Grades: N/A
Date Offer Received: 9th November
Reaction: "I'm wanted!" :biggrin:

Hi, sorry to quote something from a while ago (I'm thread trawling :P). I've applied for that course at Nottingham! Congratulations on your offer. :smile: Did you already have your grades when you applied?
Reply 394
Original post by thisisaweirdbus
Hi, sorry to quote something from a while ago (I'm thread trawling :P). I've applied for that course at Nottingham! Congratulations on your offer. :smile: Did you already have your grades when you applied?

That's okay! Thanks! :smile: Yep, got my results this August. I love this course, so the wait was absolutely killing me, haha. Good luck with yours, too!
Original post by new123
Congratulations!! Which college in cambridge? what are your other uni choices?

are you an intl applicant?

Yep, I'm international. I applied to King's College in Cambridge (I'm a sucker for Gothic architecture and E. M. Forster), and otherwise I applied to Durham, UCL and Birmingham. :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by chalcanthite
Yep, I'm international. I applied to King's College in Cambridge (I'm a sucker for Gothic architecture and E. M. Forster), and otherwise I applied to Durham, UCL and Birmingham. :smile:

Gothic architecture is beautiful!
did you hear from any of your choices - which course have you applied for?
Reply 397
how come all of you have gotten your offers so fast after sending the application? I haven't heard anything yet although I send my application mid-October? Did you get a letter or see it on UCAS track?
thanks for any answers:wink:
Reply 398
Original post by MA8031
O.o thats so unfair... yea if you knew you would've applied somewhere else and not have wasted your choice. Are you going to email them back? Or just whatever?
If there are other unis that you want to get in other than ucl, then that would
be great.

Yeah I might email them and see what they say - nothing to lose, right? They could at least invite me to the admissions day so I can blow them away with my essay writing skillz :colondollar:
King's is and always has been my first choice, but I've heard if you get rejected by one you're likely to be rejected by the other :frown: We'll see!
I have all 5 offers now, but I have no idea where I want to study! Never knew how difficult of a decision this would be

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending