The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .snowflake.
I'm not a derwenter, I'm in Kinder.
pfft. come to europe!! We have pretty girls and nice food!!

The only problem with that is I don't speak any other languages :P
Also, I'm not interested in girls. Heheh :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by pokemonic
The only problem with that is I don't speak any other languages :P
Also, I'm not interested in girls. Heheh :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Ah, so that can't happen then, as you needed an A or A* at GCSE for french/spanish for a grade B at A level for german. :frown:
Anyone doing Biomedical science staying in Millstone?
Reply 1383
Millstone E3, doing Geography Bsc.
Just wondering if anyone is studying Archaeology? :smile:
Original post by kimingerose
Ooooh a tea party seems so sophisticated:biggrin: I really can't wait. I think I might end up going to everything:biggrin:. I really can't wait now soooo excited! Is orthoptics really close knit? I started a degree in optometry and that was amazingly close, and then did Psychology, which wasn't! :biggrin:
xx

Ahaa yes we are very close knit actually, in the first year you have lectures with the dental students and you get to mingle with them but on the whole orthops stick together hehe.
Also we do placements throughout the year and you randomly get partnered up with someone on your course, so the Orthop students like to get to knw each other really well :smile:
I'm sure you will enjoy it! We're excited to meet you all! x
Finally been allocated! In Opal 2. Not my first choice but it's actually v. close to the languages building so it's actually better for me :redface:)
Reply 1387
I'm in Opal 2, F21, and I'm doing Bsc Geography, was just wondering if anyone was in the same accommodation or doing the same course? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1388
Original post by victoria123
Just wondering if anyone is studying Archaeology? :smile:

Indeed
Does anybody else receive the first instalment from student finance on the 17th? They say it will be paid within 3-4 working days after your attendance is confirmed by the university. Freshers starts on the 17th also, does this mean I will have no money until at least Thursday on freshers week? Please help :frown:
Reply 1390
Who's doing economics then? :smile:
Original post by kaff
Is anyone else doing law and criminology? And/or in Wimberry Apartments :smile:? I'm in flat C4, room 6!

yes i'm doing law and criminology in wimberry
Original post by LukeWz
Who's doing economics then? :smile:

Ba or bsc ? Are you in endcliffe ?
In the health, pre-registration questionnaire, when it says 'current address' does it mean your student accommodation or where you live right now? On the next page it says previous address with your GP/family practice, so that's why I'm unsure if which address to include where.

Also, would uploading a picture of me from my iPod or digital camera (for my account) be acceptable?

Any help, please? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by politics_student
In the health, pre-registration questionnaire, when it says 'current address' does it mean your student accommodation or where you live right now? On the next page it says previous address with your GP/family practice, so that's why I'm unsure if which address to include where.

Also, would uploading a picture of me from my iPod or digital camera (for my account) be acceptable?

You're signing up as if you were at the university, so the current address is your soon to be accommodation.

That's what I did anyway.

Are you talking about your university card thing? If so, the photo has to be passport quality.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by politics_student

I don't have any section in pre-registration that asks me to upload a photo of myself :s-smilie: Am I missing something?
Original post by Dippy Dip
You're signing up as if you were at the university, so the current address is your soon to be accommodation.

Are you talking about your university card thing? If so, the photo has to be passport quality.

I'm so thick, put the current address as my home address :rolleyes:
Original post by Dippy Dip

Thank you for your reply, and yes I thought it would be my university address, I just needed to be sure!
Original post by nikita_atikin
I don't have any section in pre-registration that asks me to upload a photo of myself :s-smilie: Am I missing something?

Have you received an email from the service yet? Or do you have your booklet? It's on page 13. If you've been able to log in to complete the tasks, it should be on the list. :smile:
Original post by FallonSmith
I'm so thick, put the current address as my home address :rolleyes:

Questionnaire's fault for being stupidly worded :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending